NIFC Half Dollars

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

NIFC Half Dollars

Postby sdmarasso » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Hey I was wondering if the NIFC Halves are worth anything more than face value? I have a bunch of them that I really don't want. Can I sell them for more or should I just toss em back into the pile? Anyone interested in them. I have a bunch of 2002 to 2009 and one 1987 that is in pristine condition.
sdmarasso

Re: NIFC Half Dollars

Postby Dano » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 am

I keep all NIFC's for the time being. But if $$ is in short supply for you, keep the best examples of each date/mintmark and spend the rest. I'd keep the 1987, because they are very hard to find in the wild.
"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves."
Dano
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PreservingThePast » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:47 am

Dano wrote:I keep all NIFC's for the time being. But if $$ is in short supply for you, keep the best examples of each date/mintmark and spend the rest. I'd keep the 1987, because they are very hard to find in the wild.

I had asked a couple of dealers if there was any interest in paying a premium for the couple of NIFC halves I had found. Basically, NO. Unless they are pristine in condition, they don't want them as their customers expect to be able to buy an uncirculated coin from them and these wouldn't fit that criteria.

I do agree though with keeping any 1987 that you find. They are very, very hard to find, at least for some of us. In over two years I have only found one from searching rolls, and one from going through loose halves I got at the coin shop for face value.

Maybe you'll find someone willing to trade for years they need as they try to fill their half dollar album.

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby AdamsSamoa » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:42 pm

What is an NIFC half?
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Ok. I got it not intended for circulation.....well I buy the mint wraped two roll set every year... I just picked up my 2010 roll today. I guess I am wasting my money.
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals