States Seek Currencies Made Of Gold and Silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: States Seek Currencies Made Of Gold and Silver

Postby baggerman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:51 pm

Some of the comments being made show just how clueless people really are.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: States Seek Currencies Made Of Gold and Silver

Postby mbailey1234 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:21 pm

I am for this to some extent but one concern I would have right off is what cost would be involved to produce the currency, who would make it, and would it be good enough quality to be difficult to counterfeit it?

I also like the idea of having an account with "gold value" in it that fluctuates as the gold price does and having a debit card to use to spend out of the account. This would be a great way to protect the value of your account against the dollar anyway. At first thought, it would also be easier for everyone to use than just the citizens of one state or jurisdiction.

I bet the Fed's will throw one hell of a fit to stop this concept dead in it's tracks!
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals