norfed silver fractionals

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

norfed silver fractionals

Postby Treetop » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Im guessing most people here heard of norfed. during one of my silver buying sprees, there was a ton of norfed silver floating around on ebay, the one ounce rounds, just a bit over the premium of other 1 ounce rounds. which on ebay can be kinda high. I probably paid 4 over spot. im not to worried about those, because silvers gone up a good amount since then.

what Id like to ask, is about fractionals...... for some reason, I got "into" fractionals. Ive got like 25 of the norfed 1/20 of an ounce coins. I think I paid about 6 bucks a piece for these. ive got fractional silver for a bunch of others to. engelhards, and mexican, and some others......

so if there ANY hope of me seeing any price appreciation on these? silver is up a lot since i bought them, and they seem to sell for a bit lower then i paid....:shock:

anyone else addicted to fractionals? :)
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Re: norfed silver fractionals

Postby jasmatk » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:59 pm

not worth it you paid $6 each for 1/20 oz thats $120 a oz as silver is $24.03 as of today you paid $96 dollars over spot wow
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JTM3 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:00 pm

I love Liberty Dollar fractionals, but I am a bit too dis-enchanted with the Liberty Dollar/Von NotHaus to act on my lust.
+637 posts
JTM3
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:13 pm

jasmatk wrote:not worth it you paid $6 each for 1/20 oz thats $120 a oz as silver is $24.03 as of today you paid $96 dollars over spot wow

Well yeah i knew that, I just at the time thought they were neat and had some kind of collector value. Most silver fractionals sell over spot, the smaller they are, the higher. although one time I did get 2 ounces of 1/10 engelhards for 2-3 dollars over spot.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby GA-Silver » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:26 pm

I was just thinking yesterday that I would like to have one of the Norfed rounds just to keep as a collectible.

I wonder if the Republic of Texas folks minted anything??
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby JTM3 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:37 pm

GA-Silver wrote:I was just thinking yesterday that I would like to have one of the Norfed rounds just to keep as a collectible.

I don't want to jump you on a non-marketplace section of the forum, or there either, :) but I have a bit of it that I'd be willing to let go of. PM me, if you like. I was a member over at "old" Realcent for almost a year and had good feedback, if you don't remember me.., but you probably don't. :D

I'd accept the Liberty Dollar, had it not followed a "monetary policy" similar to that of history's most disgusting central banking institutions, except even more flagrant. Basically, as far as I'm concerned, it turned into a scheme to con small businesses and family stores into believing that the rounds were worth their face value in U.S. currency. In actual fact, the face value and spot were VERY far off of each other, especially* when it changed to the $50 base.

*Edit: "at least" changed to "especially" ;)
Last edited by JTM3 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+637 posts
JTM3
Penny Collector Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:06 pm

JTM3 wrote:
GA-Silver wrote:I was just thinking yesterday that I would like to have one of the Norfed rounds just to keep as a collectible.

I don't want to jump you on a non-marketplace section of the forum, or there either, :) but I have a bit of it that I'd be willing to let go of. PM me, if you like. I was a member over at "old" Realcent for almost a year and had good feedback, if you don't remember me.., but you probably don't. :D

I'd accept the Liberty Dollar, had it not followed a "monetary policy" similar to that of history's most disgusting central banking institutions, except even more flagrant. Basically, as far as I'm concerned, it turned into a scheme to con small businesses and family stores into believing that the rounds were worth their face value in U.S. currency. In actual fact, the face value and spot were VERY far off of each other, at least when it changed to the $50 base.

I wasn't a fan of the Liberty Dollar for about the same reasons. They took the basic premise of the need for a hard money currency and then inflated its implied value far over its bullion value. This is an example how hard money advocates can be duped by those who know what stings of theirs to pull.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals