Bank silver halves I missed by one day :(

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Bank silver halves I missed by one day :(

Postby Pennysaved » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:52 am

I went to one of my pick up banks for my half order.

I asked the teller if she had any loose halves and she said she sold all of them yesterday to another guy.

She said there were 3 that were dated in the early 1960s.

She said the old man that turned them in had also turned in old silver dollars from the 1920s but that he had called his brother (a coin collector) and told his brother that he had turned them in at the bank and the brother told him to go back in and buy those back.

I guess within 10 minutes he was back in buying back the old silver dollars.

I guess the good thing that came of it is that I gave her my name and number and told her to call me if she got anything like that again.

I told her she should buy them herself and then I would offer her $$ above face.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals