Vending machine silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Vending machine silver

Postby chris819 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:12 pm

I used the vending machine today at work and i got a 1959D silver dime. :D I was wondering if anyone ealse had luck with vending machines? If so what did you get? Chris
chris819
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Vending machine silver

Postby uthminsta » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:45 pm

I'll never forget. I got a Mercury dime back from a soda machine when I was in high school. I should make it clear though, that I was in high school in the early 90's... not the 40's.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby misteroman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:15 am

I have 2 vending machines and 2 coin op laundrys at the motel and would say I average a silver piece at least every other month
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby thesilvertiger » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:30 pm

I got one indirectly from the drink machine at work three weeks ago. This younger guy kept putting his change in and it would drop through to the coin return. Finally he came to my desk and threw a quarter at me. He said give me another quarter this one keeps falling out. It was an AU 1961 quarter. I told him I would give him $2.50 for it. He refused and demanded a new quarter. I got up, bought him a drink, and told him that I would trade him for any change that ever keeps "falling" through.
thesilvertiger
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals