Getting rolls from banks

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Getting rolls from banks

Postby RickS » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Hey folks,

Any national chains that are particularly helpful in obtaining boxes of halves or just rolls in general?

Local community bank, where I worked about 12 years ago, won't do it, as they don't order halves at all. Even tried using some inside connections there, but no luck.

My local PNC, where I have most of my banking - not interested in ordering halves either.

Both banks are willing to sell any halves on hand, but out of 3 visits in the last week, none in the teller line.

I may have to go the route of pennies and a Ryedale :)
RickS
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Getting rolls from banks

Postby PolishPunisher » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:59 pm

I would just open a free checking account at a few different banks, and ask them to order halves for you. Eventually, someone will order for you. Also, you could just ask for a box of dimes.
PolishPunisher
Penny Pincher Member

Postby bumperado » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:28 am

I have been going to my local branch of BB&T. No problems with ordering. Case costs $500. I have also had great luck in asking for rolls that anybody may have dropped off. 3 40% halfs in one roll last time out.
bumperado

Postby Pennysaved » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:44 pm

I have several Chase and Well's Fargo branches ordering me halves.

Buttering them up with candy seems to help :-)
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals