Something strange

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Something strange

Postby AlexTG » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 pm

I know there is a disconnect between paper, and real, and options when it comes to silver but, this has kinda confused me.

As of RIGHT NOW 12:38 March 8th 2012 (EST) the March 12th Contracts for silver are at $35.58, up $2.04 over yesterday.

Kitco has spot price of silver at 33.72 at the same exact time.

That is a disconnect of $1.86. I have been watching the dated contract prices and they normally are slightly off from the current spot price, in a range of +/- 30c. But this seems really abnormal.

Anyone have a clue what the eff this means, or is this normal?

EDIT.

OK now the march 12 price droped down to only $0.04 up for the day, technical glitch or did someone make a huge purchase? Time stamp 12:42 March 8th 2012
The day's range is all over the place, check it out.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SIH12.CMX

EDIT 2.

ITs futures, and the ask and bid price. Still seems REALLY far apart.
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals