Skunked 3x 500

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Skunked 3x 500

Postby Tomthumb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:20 pm

I am gettung very frustrated with halves. I have been skunked on 3 $500 bags not one keeper. I see different marks from other hunters. Should I quit or find a new source bank? This source bank has good CU though found a 1908 engine :)
Tomthumb

Re: Skunked 3x 500

Postby Country » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:45 pm

WELCOME!!! :)

Keep searching. 3 SKUNKS in a row is very common. As you may know, searching halves is hit or miss. Sooner or later, you will find a nice half box of SILVERS... Good Luck... :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:55 pm

When you get above 30 skunks in a row, let us know.

Btw, welcome! :)
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:03 pm

I had three 500 skunks just yesterday, but the other three gave me $50 worth of silver I didn't have the day before. Keep searching, it's hit and miss.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Tomthumb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been a "lerker " for the last 6 months and decided to post my frustrations. The bank is Wells Fargo, I just ordered a new box! The teller told me some lady brought in her deceased husbands collection of $1000 face value of "old coins" last week so im thinking those might start showing up in the bags?? Do you thing there is people at the sorting machines picking? Thanks! :o
Tomthumb

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals