My first attempt at hunting halves

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

My first attempt at hunting halves

Postby madman326 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 pm

got out of work early today since it was so nice(early spring here in NE ohio) and figured i would hit a bank that has been good to me with CWRs of dimes.
they only had $100 in dimes so for the first time i asked if they had any halves. the teller said someone had just dropped off $124 in unwrapped halves. she really wanted these things out of her bank(not sure why).
so i took them all and though i didnt get any 90%, i did score seven 40%s. sorted these in 70 degree weather! and now im going to celebrate with a good beer!
madman326
Penny Collector Member

Re: My first attempt at hunting halves

Postby Pennybug » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Congrats! That's a GREAT start actually. If you read threads on here... there are people who have searched $10K + and STILL haven't found any! Your'e one of us now! Happy hunting! :D
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby everything » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Yep, that's a good score, 1 oz. for 3.50. I'm into three boxes straight finding nothing, but, that's what I'm used to finding so I'm ok with it. She wanted them gone so she would not have to deal with them, nobody uses them or asks for them, except for people like you and me.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dakota1955 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:41 pm

way to go, keep it up
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby twentybux » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Nice pick up!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BADD72 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Hey, nice score!
BADD72

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals