Custom Coins...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Custom Coins...

Postby jtlee321 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:23 am

Has anyone here ever had a custom coin produced for them? I belong to a metal detecting club and we are celebrating our 30th anniversary this year. I am currently the Vice President and have thought about designing and having a custom coin/medallion made. I have been looking at NW Territorial Mint since they are pretty local to me. I live in the Pacific NW. But any ideas that any of you may have or any experience you may have had in this process would be appreciated. I am looking at .999 fine silver coins with a possible 24kt gold selective plating as an option. I know the most expensive part will be having the die's created.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Re: Custom Coins...

Postby barrytrot » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 am

http://goldenstatemint.com/

Golden State Mint also does it. There are 4 or 5 reasonable ones. The prices are similar from my looking experience.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals