how much would it take...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

how much would it take...

Postby rexmerdinus » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:23 am

So I was thinking about this the other day when I was buying my lottery tickets :D You traders on here know much much more than I do about the markets and how they move.

How much money would it take to influence the silver market...say, buy a bunch of futures and then demand delivery. Are there other actions that could unwind some of the manipulation in the market? Obviously a mere couple of hundred million wouldn't totally screw over JPM and the other big boys, but could one individual make enough waves to make them pucker a little?
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Re: how much would it take...

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:33 am

In my opinion....you have have the pockets like Eric Sprott that purchased $1.5 billion of silver bullion last year. This can't help but effect the market because he demands the physical and not just paper.
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:01 am

If I had that kind of money I would buy up as much physical as possible. I think that would have a more direct impact on prices. COMEX doesn't have to settle in physical, they can weasel and pay cash.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Mossy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:23 pm

You might effect it temporarily, but "they" would just leverage it back down again. Loads more paper around than real metal.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Mossy wrote:You might effect it temporarily, but "they" would just leverage it back down again. Loads more paper around than real metal.

When those that are actually dealing in physical stop using the paper markets, the paper markets will crash.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals