Impact on silver pricing when the "big spike" drops off?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Impact on silver pricing when the "big spike" drops off?

Postby barrytrot » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:17 pm

Right now the "year high" of silver is $49.28.

However, by May 3rd the high will be only $43.48 (or so).

Does anyone here think that a lower "range" will impact the short term price of silver? My question is based on the fact that right now people think, "hey it's at a huge discount off the high of 49", but in just a couple weeks, the discount will be barely $10/ounce. Still a big discount but $6/ounce less of a discount.

My opinion: It will matter, but marginally.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Impact on silver pricing when the "big spike" drops off?

Postby Chief » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Isn't this time of year when PMs take off? I mean, we saw the winter dip that is seasonal, right? When do PMs take off?
Take off like a rocket, not like a vacation.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 am

Chief wrote:Isn't this time of year when PMs take off? I mean, we saw the winter dip that is seasonal, right? When do PMs take off?
Take off like a rocket, not like a vacation.

Historically sell in May and go away has been the rule, but not last year. There usually is a dip in January but a general climb through April.

http://www.321gold.com/charts/seasonal_silver.html
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby agmoose » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:18 am

I'm just not so sure we can look back at recent historical charts/movements to anticipate what is coming in todays fragile economic climate. So many crazy things going on in Europe, as well as here. I wouldn't be shocked if silver dropped to $18 or is it rose to $50. Either way I'm still stacking..........
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 pm

I think we will see a pull back in the silver prices soon…to a low of $22.

I've read folks saying it is because the investment demand is down from the previous year, which is hard to believe. Likewise some folks are pointing to a greater supply.

My personal opinion is that is will be caused by the ever present manipulation from the banks and the government. Regardless, I’m seeing that it is likely to drop before it comes back to life. Hang on it will be a bumpy ride.

You can also bet I’ll be buying more when it drops…it is still cheap. By the end of 2013 we all will be wishing be were net buyers at today’s price!
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals