Wallace Sterling

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Wallace Sterling

Postby marine70 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:21 pm

I know someone that is willing to sell some wallace silverware. Just wondering how you determine the price by that I mean the average for a spoon,fork and knife. I have not seen the items but they want a quote over the phone. Is there anyone here that deals in this type of silverware?
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Re: Wallace Sterling

Postby Rastatodd » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Try this. Go to eBay, put in "sterling silver flatware". Once there go to "Advance" search. Enter "Wallace Silverware". See if any of the auctions put in their descriptions about how many grams say a spoon or fork might weigh. Quite a few auctions have photo of the actual fork or spoon on a digital scale. Than you would get a good overall idea of what weight you might be working with. Might be worth a try.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Tough call man.

Todd's idea is pretty good.....but nothing beats in hand inspection.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby marine70 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks guy I can always rely on good information here. Thanks again.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Postby fasTT » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:39 am

Wallace, and most other manufacturers made multiple styles and therefore weights.

Be very careful. Just quote them a per gram price and both parties are safe.
fasTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals