Flags of our fathers

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Flags of our fathers

Postby Aqualung48 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:45 pm

As part of remembering those who died fighting for our freedom, I watched the movie "Flags Of Our Fathers" this weekend. There is an interesting scene in this movie talking about the need to sell bonds. The three flag raisers have just returned to the USA and are told how important it is that they sell bonds because the USA was going bankrupt fighting the war. The past bond drives had not done well and the government made up the difference just printing money. The dollar was becoming worthless in foreign exchange and some were insisting on bullion instead of the dollar. For a moment, I thought they were talking about our current economic situation. Back then, paying more than a quarter for a gallon of gas seemed too much. If they could only see us now, they would know how true their comment was about the US Dollar becoming worthless. We have seen our coins cost more to make than they are worth. People sometimes comment on paper money not being worth the paper its printed on, but at our current rate of inflation and increasing debt, I wonder how long it will be before the cloth/paper will cost more than the dollar its printed upon.

History never changes. Just the people involved. Keep stacking and have a nice memorial day weekend.
Aqualung48
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals