Where to get jewelry appraised

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Where to get jewelry appraised

Postby LubbockCents » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Picked up a high end piece for spot at a estate sale. You can google Herbert rosenthal bald eagle and see it. The one I got is number 175. The only value I can find by googling is $6995 at one jeweler. My question is where would be the best place to get a value and possible sale on a peice like this. Jewelry store, pawn shop or what. Thanks for the help
LubbockCents

Re: Where to get jewelry appraised

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:31 pm

There's an eBay seller too. Think I'd contact the jewelry who's selling it online and ask if they'll appraise or if they'd have interest in buying yours.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:33 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:There's an eBay seller too. Think I'd contact the jewelry who's selling it online and ask if they'll appraise or if they'd have interest in buying yours.

My advise will only cost you 10% of your profits. Pm me for my address. ;)
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby LubbockCents » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:44 am

Thanks for the reply. The two online are what i would think to be the retail price of this item. I am hoping to flip this and not hold on to it forever. Would you think 4-4.5k would be a reasonable price on it. Under 4 I think I would just have to hold on to. I havn't had time to get it appraised yet. Im sure they will try to offer me melt for it.
LubbockCents

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:59 am

There is a lot of missing information from your post, which reflects your own knowledge of the piece. And it is true, knowledge is power... especially in negotiating.

Do you have original box and paperwork? Receipt? Is the piece in perfect condition? How much weight in diamonds? What are the quality of diamonds? How many were made? When? What else has the artist produced? How much gold is there? What have similar/same pieces sold for on well known sites?

If you want more than just scrap price, then don't treat it like scrap... educate yourself and be excited for the piece. Something like this does not have a wide market. So, you need to create one
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals