Goldman says buy

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Goldman says buy

Postby aaa30040 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:39 am

buying wheat pennies at $0.03 delivered - send me a note if you are selling
buying copper pennies at $0.014 delivered - send me a note if you are selling
aaa30040
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Goldman says buy

Postby Metals Mogul » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:03 am

Well with silver at this price, it's hard not to, regardless.
Selling CTU's for $140 SHIPPED w/ DC...PM me!
Metals Mogul
Penny Pincher Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 am

aaa30040 wrote:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/goldman-sees-29-return-commodities-082321898.html?l=1

whew! i was going to ask you, "why you trying to ruin my day? (lol) coz i thought goldman put out a silver recco, and anything goldman says, do the opposite. But i didnt realize, that it was kind of like a paid advert for the GSCI....now i was there at the inception of the GSCI, its a weighted basket index of commodities, and it could have been a great contract, if not for the fact that only GOLDMAN wanted it a great contract for THEM...what the dealio is, and i'll keep it simple, their algo's buy, go long, the basket of commodities, and hedge the position by going short the GSCI...in NUMBERS...and when that spread shows goldman a profit, they peel it.

so, as i see it, they're just trying to garner fresh blood to naked long buy this index, so they have bids to hit. i am being clear?

as i said before, my 16 year old, on his own, is dipping his feet in the water, vis-a-vis mock stock portfolio trading thru some game, that about 86,000 folks particpate in, the boy blew me away, by letting me know he's now ranked 24th.

the reason i brought this up, is that i would not let my son ANYWHERE NEAR, that fetid sewer called Goldman, or any "investment house/bank prop desk"....hence i sent him the seminal book, "Merchants of Grain", (1979)...its a great book, great read, and i'm trying to encourage him to gradually segue into grain, oilseed, and meat trading, both futures and cash markets, the actual grain. To that end, he's thrilled because i told him of a 12 week internship, one of the major grain houses, a 140 year old house, in America, still privately owned by the family that bears its name. So i told my dear boy, road trip in a few weeks, kill three birds with one stone, visit the grain trading house, hopefully get a glimpse at the Castle, see the trading room, pick up the forms, stay at a nice 5 star hotel for a couple nights, and catch a baseball game, so we can put another notch in our belt, we've caught baseball games at many ballparks, on our way to visiting every ball park in this great nation.

There's five major grain trading firms, globally, all privately owned, Cargill, Continental, Andre, Bunge, and Dreyfus, all tightly run and straight up, they keep quiet, you never hear about bs shenanigans at these houses, coz rogue traders get shown the door BUT QUICK, and with the margin in wheat between supply and demand, razor thin for the last two decades, wheat is value, people need to eat,and if you're not inside, your outside...thats what i told my boy....there's no colleges, that'll teach you how to trade grain...or PM's...and if he shows his mettle and integrity, they send you to Geneva, Switzerland, where the real action happens, plus he's a snowboard whack job with a penchant for blond white girls...sorry to go off topic, i'm just getting to loathe these charades we call investment banks, i grew up with this little pricks, and i'm not going to let my boy plug into the BS.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 am

I think you're right. People are starting to notice commodity prices have come down. So GS's reminding them they can put their money into their product. And they reinforce the public thinking by making a positive prediction on the price.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:36 pm

neilgin1 wrote:, and i'm not going to let my boy plug into the BS.

i wanted to ask if you would let your boy go through what you did neil, but didnt want to offend

glad you answered for me :)

sounds like hes got a bright future - keep steering him in the right direction
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals