Dealer Inventories

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Dealer Inventories

Postby Engineer » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:07 am

I had a look at APMEX inventories tonight and was a little shocked at how low they were (considering prices). Goldmart doesn't list inventory levels, but their premiums are higher than normal as well.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Dealer Inventories

Postby DebtFreeMe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:29 am

My normal supplier has had problems keeping inventory (problem for me not for him), people are buying as quick as he gets stock... I think more and more people are seeing that our fiat currency is being debased by the electronic and physical printing presses, and they are getting a preview of what that can lead to with Greece.
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Re: Dealer Inventories

Postby soundman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 am

I was at my local coin shop at closing time yesterday(6-14). I asked how much silver they are buying vs. selling. He said not counting junk sterling and other stuff that won't sell (which goes straight to the refiner) they've been selling slightly more silver to the public than they've been buying from the public. They've had enough silver on hand that they've not had to buy from wholesalers for a few months however. I did pretty well. They had silver eagles and philharmonics for $2 over spot and constitutional silver for 21X face(I got 4 Franklin halves, one an impaired proof). Of course after you add 7% tax, that kind of sours the deal.
soundman

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals