Silver will drop to $21.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver will drop to $21.

Postby HelloMeteor » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:18 am

I'm no chart expert.I was just looking at the simple kitco charts simplistically. It never goes up as much as it did recently without a significant correction, and low and behold, it is correcting, or has corrected. I knew it, but I was greedy/lazy and didn't sell at the peak. Next time, I won't make that mistake.

And now, looking again at http://www.kitco.com/charts/techcharts_silver.html simplistically, it seems that whenever it makes a climb like it has recently, it before too long makes it back down to the 200 day sma. I think it will do so again, around $20 or thereabouts. The price won't sit still while the sma moves up to meet it. When has that ever happened, looking at the charts? The price never sits still, not in the past 5 years, certainly not after large upswings, and yes, even with the $4 correction we've seen, we're still very much on a large upswing.

I predict we will see $21 silver before we see $29 silver.
HelloMeteor
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Silver will drop to $21.

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:24 am

HelloMeteor wrote:I predict we will see $21 silver before we see $29 silver.

I'll take that bet!
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HelloMeteor » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:26 am

beauanderos wrote:

I'll take that bet!

Want to bet 1 silver Roosevelt? Found one in my change a while back, and it doesn't have any friends.
HelloMeteor
Penny Sorter Member

Postby billo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:41 am

I'm with Meteor, aiming for $21. (Not betting though, just aiming.)
Nickel and (silver) dime me.
billo
Penny Collector Member

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:18 am

When you have a few years of trading experience, you know enough to get you into trouble. When you have 5 years of trading experience, then you've learned that you don't know as much as you think you do. When you've got 10 years of trading experience, then you know that even though you know that you don't know as much as you think you do, you at least know more than anyone who proclaims that they know anything at all.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:22 am

Market Harmony wrote:When you have a few years of trading experience, you know enough to get you into trouble. When you have 5 years of trading experience, then you've learned that you don't know as much as you think you do. When you've got 10 years of trading experience, then you know that even though you know that you don't know as much as you think you do, you at least know more than anyone who proclaims that they know anything at all.

Good one! :lol: :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:26 am

I would like to see it visit 15 again....but I believe at this time $30 makes more cents.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby JobIII » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:46 am

I was thinking this same thing. though i thought it would drop to perhaps 23 by the end of the week at best.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:17 pm

i'm with you bud...rooting for you..us, just one last lil chance.

but i found, when you start "hoping" in a market, its goes the other way....25 is key support.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:21 pm

I think there's strong support at the $24.50 gap up level for SILVER. Since the $27 level did not hold, I knew last week that it was going down to at least $25. I'm hoping that $25 holds. :|
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby oober » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:12 pm

I think you can throw TA out the window. We have more PIIGS problems, we have China tightening growth, we have the CME raising margins 2 times in a week.

This is why Metals have dropped, this is very short term IMO.

I would also take the bull side of that bet, if your intersted.
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Whaddya say, HM? Here's a chance to double your money? :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Pachucko » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:55 pm

I hope so!!
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 pm

The two sides are pretty clearly drawn up on this one, and I think it's clear why. Us older guys, who have been buying and hoarding silver for years, now just want to see silver fulfill it's predictions and would like to see a substantial price rise so we can retire happily. On the other side, if you are new to the game, or have been procrastinating in buying silver while the price was low, you want to see silver return to cheaper levels so you can buy more at favorable prices. Neither side is gonna jawbone prices up just by posting, but we can manage to ruffle each other's feathers. :?
beauanderos

Postby Pachucko » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:46 pm

beauanderos wrote:The two sides are pretty clearly drawn up on this one, and I think it's clear why. Us older guys, who have been buying and hoarding silver for years, now just want to see silver fulfill it's predictions and would like to see a substantial price rise so we can retire happily. On the other side, if you are new to the game, or have been procrastinating in buying silver while the price was low, you want to see silver return to cheaper levels so you can buy more at favorable prices. Neither side is gonna jawbone prices up just by posting, but we can manage to ruffle each other's feathers. :?

I have no desire to rub anyone the wrong way. I just had a baby this year and would like to get AMAP (As Much As Possible) as cheaply as possible. I'm thinking about his future now.

Best regards.......Pachucko
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby HelloMeteor » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:37 pm

beauanderos wrote:The two sides are pretty clearly drawn up on this one, and I think it's clear why. Us older guys, who have been buying and hoarding silver for years, now just want to see silver fulfill it's predictions and would like to see a substantial price rise so we can retire happily. On the other side, if you are new to the game, or have been procrastinating in buying silver while the price was low, you want to see silver return to cheaper levels so you can buy more at favorable prices. Neither side is gonna jawbone prices up just by posting, but we can manage to ruffle each other's feathers. :?

Don't get me wrong. I did not mean that I was hoping that it went to $21. I was happy with it continuing from $28 up to $30 and beyond. I'm just stating what appears to be very likely.
HelloMeteor
Penny Sorter Member

Postby HelloMeteor » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:47 pm

oober wrote:I think you can throw TA out the window. We have more PIIGS problems, we have China tightening growth, we have the CME raising margins 2 times in a week.

This is why Metals have dropped, this is very short term IMO.

I would also take the bull side of that bet, if your intersted.

Sorry, I only have one Rosie to lose.

I do have a dirty 2009 maple leaf I was hoping to get rid of. If someone can offer a fair deal for that I'll take the first fair(in my mind) offer. It's not that dirty. I just left it out and it acquired some brown and I never took any caution not to get finger prints all over it.

Even if I lose the bet, I still win big.
HelloMeteor
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Country » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Looking stronger tonight: GOLD up $10.70 to $1346; SILVER up 44c to $26.09. Maybe the correction has run its course and SILVER bottomed at $25... :mrgreen:

I've been searching EBAY for bargains. I've seen nothing lately as prices for SILVER have hardly budged during this correction.
Last edited by Country on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:47 pm

HelloMeteor wrote:

I do have a dirty 2009 maple leaf I was hoping to get rid of. If someone can offer a fair deal for that I'll take the first fair(in my mind) offer. It's not that dirty. I just left it out and it acquired some brown and I never took any caution not to get finger prints all over it.

I'll swap you an ASE for it, my Maple Leaf collection hasn't been added to since prob 2005. PM me if you're interested.
beauanderos

Postby aristobolus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:27 pm

HelloMeteor wrote:I'm no chart expert.I was just looking at the simple kitco charts simplistically. It never goes up as much as it did recently without a significant correction, and low and behold, it is correcting, or has corrected. I knew it, but I was greedy/lazy and didn't sell at the peak. Next time, I won't make that mistake.

And now, looking again at http://www.kitco.com/charts/techcharts_silver.html simplistically, it seems that whenever it makes a climb like it has recently, it before too long makes it back down to the 200 day sma. I think it will do so again, around $20 or thereabouts. The price won't sit still while the sma moves up to meet it. When has that ever happened, looking at the charts? The price never sits still, not in the past 5 years, certainly not after large upswings, and yes, even with the $4 correction we've seen, we're still very much on a large upswing.

I predict we will see $21 silver before we see $29 silver.

$25, $24 OOPS I MEAN $26.... What comes next?
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby agmoose » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:35 pm

I'd love to see a temp drop to $21 so I could add at a discount, but I seriously doubt we drop below $23 at anytime soon. Again - like everyone else though - that is purely speculation and opinion. I'll keep adding every week as normal. Once in a while I'll unload some 40% and use the funds to buy 90% on dips. Other than that, I'm just stacking.......

I've been in San Antonio on a business jaunt all week and haven't gotten ONE copper penny in change.....what the heck? Is the whole city hoarding copper?
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:13 pm

It's common to see 17% copper in that Fed District
beauanderos

Postby HelloMeteor » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 am

Market Harmony wrote:When you have a few years of trading experience, you know enough to get you into trouble. When you have 5 years of trading experience, then you've learned that you don't know as much as you think you do. When you've got 10 years of trading experience, then you know that even though you know that you don't know as much as you think you do, you at least know more than anyone who proclaims that they know anything at all.

I'm not claiming to know anything. I suppose in the first post I said I knew it would drop. Obviously not "know" as in like I know the sun will come up tomorrow. Think know as in if I'm playing Texas Hold'em and I am dealt AA, I "know" I'm going to win.
HelloMeteor
Penny Sorter Member

Postby billo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:04 am

It's wavering back up cuz you guys are talking the bad voodoo. Down.... Down....
Nickel and (silver) dime me.
billo
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:17 am

11/18/2010 7:16 AM PDST
g.tiff
g.tiff (58.31 KiB) Viewed 959 times
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals