Ebay Bids... The Ones That Got Away

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Ebay Bids... The Ones That Got Away

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Neilgin1 the roll i regret LOSING, ie being outbid on Ebay was a roll of UNC 1936 Washington's, it was my own fault, getting cute with nickels, shoulda of went balls to the wall, put an outragous snipe on....coz i think the winner, got it for 18X, or 19X, when UNC rolls were trading 12X...oh well.
I'll start a new thread on Neil's comment, rather than hijack the thread where he originally posted this comment. Don't we all regret losing a particular bid? I remember about a month ago, when silver was 17X face, there were a series of BU Walker halves rolls (all Philly) 1947, 1946, 1945, 1944, etc down to 1938, already sold by the time I noticed them in completed sales. I was bidding about $185-190 on BU halves rolls at that time, and these had gone about $235-250. There was one left (1937) with the current bid at $225, so I sniped a bid thru Powersnipe at $275, hoping I'd get it but knowing that I was overpaying if I won. Covetousness is a sin, after all. But I got outbid... and boy did I get out bid, it was over $420 when I checked with about thirty minutes to go, I never checked back after that. I'd love to have some of those BU Morgan rolls I see on there as well, but not gonna bid into the $600's for them.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Ebay Bids... The Ones That Got Away

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:11 pm

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... P:feedback

Check out this sellers feedback.......somebody (besides me) stole $11-12K worth of silver proof sets for about $10K
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 pm

Oh yeah, Dr. Ernesto Nacianales? He's the new Mexican dentist that just started practicing in Parkersburg. You aren't going to let him get em that cheaply again, I hope. Bid the sucker up and then drop it. :D
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:27 pm

beauanderos wrote:Oh yeah, Dr. Ernesto Nacianales? He's the new Mexican dentist that just started practicing in Parkersburg. You aren't going to let him get em that cheaply again, I hope. Bid the sucker up and then drop it. :D

:lol:

How did you come up with Parkersburg? Pretty random stuff there Ray....nice work
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Ray researches us all, he google earth's our addresses, trust me, he's a real weirdo.

But, despite that, he's still in my will (my heirs really don't have to worry about that though).
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Thogey wrote:Ray researches us all, he google earth's our addresses, trust me, he's a real weirdo.

But, despite that, he's still in my will (my heirs really don't have to worry about that though).
It's called boredom, plus I'm at work getting paid for this. :mrgreen: Oh, and Eric? If you ever have a traumatic amputation of a finger while doing yard care, don't worry. I'm willing to give you one of my finger's any time, night or day :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:38 pm

Back at ya!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:50 pm

beauanderos wrote: It's called boredom, plus I'm at work getting paid for this. :mrgreen:

what....don't you have some meds to push or somebody to turn....get back to work and quit ignoring that call button!

Eric was talking about this type of behavor form his guys just the other day......not you to now Ray?
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:58 pm

He might have an ass to wipe. Maybe even his own, and he's ignoring his responsibilities to harass we, who are not on the clock.
Thogey

Postby TXBullion » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:11 am

Nice Score on the one you got rodebaugh
TXBullion

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:33 am

TXBullion wrote:Nice Score on the one you got rodebaugh

Thanks, I set up the deal outside of eBay and paid with personal check to save him fees ;)

oh yeah the lot was:

10-2003
15-2004
15-2006
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 pm

here's one that did NOT get away....got me a roll of 36-p merc's (yeh i know) they're circs, if i'm lucky they'll be 12's....and there was another roll of various 30's dates mercs'.......but 1936 is the year my mother was born, so its a thing....now i got my eye on a couple more targets.

i aint gonna say what i paid, (lol) i'm still trying to get my mind around this new pricing/market structure. X20+

hey, market trades where the market trades. right?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:04 am

neilgin1 wrote:here's one that did NOT get away....got me a roll of 36-p merc's (yeh i know) they're circs, if i'm lucky they'll be 12's....and there was another roll of various 30's dates mercs'.......but 1936 is the year my mother was born, so its a thing....now i got my eye on a couple more targets.

i aint gonna say what i paid, (lol) i'm still trying to get my mind around this new pricing/market structure. X20+

hey, market trades where the market trades. right?

Uh oh, my Mom, gbhs, was born in 1917. The old girl's lookin kinda worn (a merc roll I mean) Image
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals