Whats your favorite thing about PMs

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Whats your favorite thing about PMs

Postby TXBullion » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Like it says, whats your favorite thing about PMs. Im more specifically referring to physical pms you have and not really in general.

I like the variety, coins, bars, junk , sterling, and you have a buffet with almost endless choices :lol: Well, just to get it started......
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Whats your favorite thing about PMs

Postby billo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Shiny look and real value.
Nickel and (silver) dime me.
billo
Penny Collector Member

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:35 pm

my favorite thing about pm's is the unmistakable jingle that 90% silver makes :D
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm

The solid feel and heft of a large bar.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 pm

I like that I can bury them in a remote location pirate style and not worry about them rotting, being destroyed, stolen, or seized by the man. ;)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:38 pm

What PMs? I dont own any PM's. What are you talking about??? ;)
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Devil Soundwave » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:43 pm

The shiny pure white of a brand new 0.999 coin gives me a special thrill. I especially liek to get a good twenty coins in my hand and just heft them. Feel like something REAL you know? Not like that toy money the gubbermints give us to play with. 8-)

That said, I lost all of mine in a tragic accident just yesterday.
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jasmatk » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:03 pm

I like the sound of .999 ag bars smacking together i leave a stack on my coffee table so i can drop them on each other like poker chips. i use the bars becouse i dont want to f up my eagles and the 90% just dont sound the same
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Devil Soundwave wrote:The shiny pure white of a brand new 0.999 coin gives me a special thrill. I especially liek to get a good twenty coins in my hand and just heft them. Feel like something REAL you know? Not like that toy money the gubbermints give us to play with. 8-)

That said, I lost all of mine in a tragic accident just yesterday.

You lost your stack or the coins that you jingle?
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Devil Soundwave » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:14 pm

The entire stack. I went on a boating trip and the boat sank...
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Wow, I just lost a truck to fiery tweeker doom but at least my metal is safe in its earthen cocoon. Sorry to hear about that! The world can be a dangerous tragic place. However, I just rode my bike back from town and saw the full moon rise while the sun set and 4 rainbows were in the sky from the sunlight hitting the rain that had just past. The world is still beautiful and good!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby SteelCityCopper » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:27 pm

Something to be said for snuggling up to a gold/silver brick once in a while... Wife gets pissed :)
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals