The Big Silver Melt

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

The Big Silver Melt

Postby Dumpster Diver » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Ha! I think it was Nate that posted about this book earlier this year. There were dozens of them on Amazon for $2-$3 a piece. I planned on getting a copy but i procrastinated...

Now look at the price!!!

What does this say about the general public and silver?

The Big Silver Melt [Hardcover]
Henry A. Merton

Available from these sellers.
2 new from $85.00 8 used from $47.99 1 collectible from $54.88
Dumpster Diver
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: The Big Silver Melt

Postby TXBullion » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:05 pm

If someone wants my copy, Id be willing to let it go for a 90% half shipped :D

But seriously, I think I paid about 6 bucks for it. I can mail it for a couple bucks so 8 or 10 and you can have my copy or first person to me for a silver half or 10 bucks can have it
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jangles » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:41 am

You could check out the library, that is where I borrowed mine from.
jangles

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:19 am

TXBullion wrote:If someone wants my copy, Id be willing to let it go for a 90% half shipped :D

But seriously, I think I paid about 6 bucks for it. I can mail it for a couple bucks so 8 or 10 and you can have my copy or first person to me for a silver half or 10 bucks can have it

PM me your info and I will put a shinny 64 JFK in the mail Monday morning for it. Knowledge is power!
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 am

I borrowed mine from the library, then bought a copy to keep from Amazon (used) under $9 with shipping. Lot's of worthwhile info in there, and btw, what stimulated me to pick up the BU rolls (selected dates) that I was doing back at 15-16X face. You're right, Chris... knowledge IS power! Although that might not be your strongest suit Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Roadrunner » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Yep, great book...borrowed from the library and considering buying for reference...
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Wow - copies on the bay for over $100. LOL......guess I'll head to the library. No copies available on my NOOK either.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Looks like you guys are right, I went to Amazon used books and the cheapest there is $47.99. Two new ones for $85. Ouch. Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Dumpster Diver » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
TXBullion wrote:If someone wants my copy, Id be willing to let it go for a 90% half shipped :D

PM me your info and I will put a shinny 64 JFK in the mail Monday morning for it. Knowledge is power!

DANG! I procratinated again! Anyone else have a copy they's let go for cheap??? :lol:
Dumpster Diver
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Corsair » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:53 pm

One of the benefits of going to college - my local community college's library is connected to a few dozen other collegiate libraries around Missouri. A few clicks and I can have that book sent over to me at no charge. That is, after I get done with the couple of thrillers I'm reading now.
Last edited by Corsair on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Dumpster Diver wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:

DANG! I procratinated again! Anyone else have a copy they's let go for cheap??? :lol:

Darn, i should have been more entrepreneurial. Instead of selling it for a 90% half, I should rent it for a 40% half so I could keep bringing in that silver , jk
TXBullion

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals