Went to my coin dealer today...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Went to my coin dealer today...

Postby Tomthumb » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:25 pm

No stock of 90% coins. All he had was generic rounds and ASE, and some academy bars. I got there at 12 and there was a line of 5 waiting too buy silver. These where older working class type folks. Wait till the people with big dollars demand physical...$250 an ounce if you can even find it in 12 months. Keep Stackin! TOMTHUMB

* This dealer usually has a ton of inventory
Tomthumb

Re: Went to my coin dealer today...

Postby helix_rider » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:30 pm

I wish I would've gotten into buying Silver a few years ago. Oh well, can't win them all.
Really though, the 2 dealers I visited today had quite a bit of Silver - I guess location
plays a part in these things too.

I hope I can buy a lot more Silver before it hits $250/oz - then let it go.
Even with what I have now it would be fine, but the more I can get in the meantime the better.
Rob

Life on 2-wheels, nothing else comes close.
helix_rider

Postby beauanderos » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:09 am

The influx in new members in this forum corresponds with the growing interest shown by the public in precious metals and the increase in higher bidding on ebay by members with lower feedback numbers. For those who were early buyers, just relax now... your work is done. It's time for the new guys to pull the load. Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby theo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:26 am

beauanderos wrote:The influx in new members in this forum corresponds with the growing interest shown by the public in precious metals and the increase in higher bidding on ebay by members with lower feedback numbers. For those who were early buyers, just relax now... your work is done. It's time for the new guys to pull the load. Image

I wouldn't call myself an "early buyer" however, I have been buying in earnest since early 2009 (when I dumped all of my fantasy football winnings into silver). Even though I've met and/or surpassed all of my goals, I'm having a difficult time relaxing. I can't seem to resist the compulsion to grab one more ASE or handful of silver dimes while I still can.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Tomthumb » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:47 am

I have been stacking since 2007 when I stopped paying my mortgages. Since Obama cant bail me out, I thought I would give silver a try :)
Long time "lerker" TOMTHUMB
Tomthumb

Postby zerocd » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:26 pm

I see lots of silver and lots of buyers......and sellers!

The cases have lots of silver because so many are lining up to sell at 10% below spot for .999 and 15-20% less for coin silver.

I am so glad I cultivated a relationship with mine.

I bought a pile of Onza'a for $25 each and they were white bright new.

Sold me a set of 1944 silver (with penny and 44S nickel), uncirculated for spot.

Thrilled with that.

oCD
zerocd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coppertone » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:17 pm

zerocd wrote:I bought a pile of Onza'a for $25 each and they were white bright new.

Wow! nice one.
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby jasmatk » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:18 pm

coppertone wrote:
zerocd wrote:I bought a pile of Onza'a for $25 each and they were white bright new.

Wow! nice one.

great buy at todays prices silver is silver american/mexican/canadian it all stacks the same . what year were the onza's new like 2010 or new looking :?:
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals