buy?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

buy?

Postby stlouiscoin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 am

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/bar/3176501546.html
saw this on my local cl. Should I buy?
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: buy?

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:06 am

A dealer valued it at $1100? That could be a lowball offer or a full retail pricing? I see what might be common date coins along with Maple Leafs and other stuff. For $1100 you could get about 40 troy ounces of silver bullion right now. Use that as a guide perhaps.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 am

I would try to set up a time where the guy will let you sit and go through the coins. Then you can see what is there, look up the prices, and see if it is a deal or not. And yes, a good question is where the 1100 came from. Was it an appraisal from a coin shop or an offer from a coin shop. Big difference.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby stlouiscoin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:12 pm

I messaged him and it was a dealer appraisle
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals