High School Class Ring

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

High School Class Ring

Postby zoomzoom71 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:59 pm

While going thru my recent Silver purchase from Ray, I stumbled upon my high school class ring in a drawer. I haven't worn the thing in years, and have no desire to do so. I'm not even really interested in its sentimental value. So, what does your typical men's high school class ring with 10K gold have in value? There's nothing else special about it. Just curious.
zoomzoom71

Re: High School Class Ring

Postby rsk1963 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:03 pm

weight makes a large difference if you're looking for scrap value.
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Re: High School Class Ring

Postby Robarons » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Most class rings have that stone which can make it tricky to get an exact weight unless you pop it out.

If its one of those larger chunky rings the gold weight could be 10-15 grams w/o stone. If its a more moderate/smaller class ring maybe 5 -10 grams w/o stone. Then figure out 10k scrap values, 41.7% pure gold. So multiply spot by .417 and divide 31.1 to get a gram price. Then multiply the gram price for 10k by what you can get for it (70% of spot, 90% of spot, etc.) to get a true value.

Depends how big it was- mens rings tend to have some good weight to them
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals