When does the switch happen?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

When does the switch happen?

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:47 pm

It seem the switch just happened where silver sell for at spot or over. Not it sells at under spot or spot. I guess $33 was the trigger point?
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Re: When does the switch happen?

Postby barrytrot » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Assuming you meant "now it sells" -> The difference is generally in a LARGE UPSWING market it shifts to "under spot". Same with a LARGE DOWNSWING where it shifts to "well over spot".

In a week or two of steady-ish prices it will return to roughly the same premium it usually is.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby misteroman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:01 pm

I just think there is alot of people selling right now
misteroman

Postby slvrbck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:33 pm

I was always under the impression that during bull markets/large run-ups it tends to sell over spot (this is very evident w/ 90% junk) as people get caught up in the hype and want want want, and that during low points it sells for under spot generally because the masses get freaked out. However, i can understand where you other guys are coming from as well at least from our educated point of view.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:37 am

slvrbck wrote:I was always under the impression that during bull markets/large run-ups it tends to sell over spot (this is very evident w/ 90% junk) as people get caught up in the hype and want want want, and that during low points it sells for under spot generally because the masses get freaked out. However, i can understand where you other guys are coming from as well at least from our educated point of view.

In my observations of the last few years while it spikes the premium retreats. When it levels off it returns. Which makes sense, during the spike, especially after a multi-month downturn people are just excited to be able to sell at a profit for a while.
barrytrot

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals