silver, prices quickly rise and slowly drop?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

silver, prices quickly rise and slowly drop?

Postby mrrosado » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Now that the spot price of silver is down I was hoping to find some deals online. It seems that dealers are quick to raise prices as spot prices go up and they are slow to drop them as spot prices go down. Is this correct?
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
mrrosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: silver, prices quickly rise and slowly drop?

Postby dakota1955 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 pm

that an amen to that and watch the spread
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheba » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Yes indeed. That is surely the way these things seem to work :)

It seems to me there has to be quite a drop before that shows up in dealers' pricing.

However, the 'buy it now' and 'auctions' on is forum have some absolutely great deals that reflect current pricing pretty closely. Watch these carefully. I have been tremendously impressed by the honesty, pricing, and quality of items sold, specially on the 'buy it now forum'. I think I'd pretty much buy from there for the most part unless my LCS had some really special pricing (not likely :?: :D )
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sterling Silver » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm

They don't call it the Devil Metal for nothing.
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:03 am

Coin & PM dealers have to pay for the inventory they bought. If they buy when silver is up, the smart ones will not sell at a loss when silver drops. They will want to get out of it what they put into it. If silver drops drastically, they will not sell at all. They will wait for it to go back up.

Silver has always been a wild ride! Remember what the Lone Ranger said: "Hi yo, Silver! Away!"
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals