Weekly Ebay Rolls (Ag)

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Weekly Ebay Rolls (Ag)

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 pm

here's how i'll do it......dimes, quarters, halves, ASES, Dollars....then i'll put this next to the listing..."dks", that means i dont know the seller, i've never traded with them, doesnt mean they're bad, i've just noticed in the last two months, a LOT of new sellers, my criteria will be, they have AT LEAST, a 99.9% positive.
(hey yall, right off the bat, as i look at the 'wants'...man! they is WHOLE NEW group of sellers, i never done business with, they all got 100% pos's...what does THAT mean?....a whole new group of sellers?....i dont know, but it aint bad, wish i had a spare 10k, i be busy bidding!)
okay here goes:

Dimes:

i like this roll, maybe the barbers are cleaned, so what...it'll trade high, DKS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271096134576?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181018589083?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 DKS

55-s Roosies...watch out, crazy bidding ahead...DKS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360506249091?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

47-s roosies
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121014179627?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 DKS

51-d roosies

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121014178977?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 DKS....i dont know any of these sellers, but i would bid....but me, i'd rather have 40% Kenn's that got .15 toz of Ag, than a dime with .07 toz...thats just me.

Quarters: (there are some nice rolls in this list)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230876558879?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 DKS

this next seller, the ICE CUBE, done much biz with him, this kid gets some fine rolls, i like him

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130796853889?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
(wow, just noticed the Cube is charging 12 to ship...oh well, we're all just squirrels looking for a nut....12 bucks! Cube!)

here's a roll i'd be bidding on...45-s Wash's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400336080196?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

1944-S Washingtons!!! oh man...if i didnt have the FRN's, i wouldnt even be posting this..lol...it might trade crazy, 35 times, more maybe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400336081737?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

1946-s Wash's but i DKS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221147530019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

i'm gonna stop for now, get to halves and dollars later...this is too much like work..ahahhahhah, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Weekly Ebay Rolls (Ag)

Postby Rastatodd » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:16 am

Thanks for assembling this list of rolls up for auction. If I didn't have daughter getting married this spring I would be all over the Barbers for sure. :thumbup:
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:45 am

Rastatodd wrote:Thanks for assembling this list of rolls up for auction. If I didn't have daughter getting married this spring I would be all over the Barbers for sure. :thumbup:

you and me both!! i'm laughing, we'd probably amp the bidding. i'd post Halves and Dollars now, but its 0720, i'm drinking coffee, and thinking about ....ummm, thinking about an old girlfriend, who wants to come visit the ranch and stay for about a week.......she's single, which is rare in my demographic, 40-50...AND she loves me, had a crush on me since the early 90's, but she was in a relationship with another woman......YEH, you read right.....see?....and she's a match competiton shooter....AND a prepper STUCK in a midwestern city....we'll see. a feller who's lived alone for 13 years like i have? .......you get kind of set in your "ways"...i mean, i know how to say, "yes dear" NOW, which is good....but i dont know if i wanna have to say it all the time.

anyway, back to Ag.......i like those Washington Rolls, the 1940's, i'd like to gank everyone of them....and they are "S"'s to boot!

but you want to see some crazy bidding?...here, i'll post some Walking Liberty Halves and other Franklins

Halves:

1942-P
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330823210410?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 DKS......$11 ship

1943-P Walking Halves.....this seller "katmanny"....got a LIL lazy in their offering, listed them as "Morgans".....maybe it was some hireling doing the listing, but if i was the seller, that kind of stuff drives me CRAZY!!...selling PM coins aint like selling brats at the frigging kwik trip!!! KEEP YOUR HEAD in the game....here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330823211610?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

unless i'm way off, you'll see those trade 40 times plus.....and to any of my friends here, that voted for Governor Romney and are feeling blue, here's a book to cheer you up, its Ambrose's one volumne bio of my man, President Eisenhower...its a GOOOOD read, he was a great man.

http://www.amazon.com/Eisenhower-President-Renowned-One-Volume-Paperback/dp/B002T4G0BI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1352295835&sr=8-5&keywords=eisenhower+ambrose

Have a good day guys, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:38 am

My goodness your life seems interesting, to say the least. I like a girl who enjoys the outdoors. Especially one with a fire arm. :thumbup: Oh yes we do digress. Back to Ag. What do you think about (IMHO) the high premium attached to 90% US junk. I have been some what confused about whether to tie my FRN into 90% or .999. Being that the premiums for both seem about the same.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Rastatodd wrote:My goodness your life seems interesting, to say the least. I like a girl who enjoys the outdoors. Especially one with a fire arm. :thumbup: Oh yes we do digress. Back to Ag. What do you think about (IMHO) the high premium attached to 90% US junk. I have been some what confused about whether to tie my FRN into 90% or .999. Being that the premiums for both seem about the same.

i do both Ras Tafari, and i add 95% coppers and 75/25 nickels into the mix too....but as i see they have to have one common attribute, the coin HAS to 'say' on it, "United States of America"......otherwise i have zero interest in it, as i have zero interest in clad coins above the current nickel. i've noticed the nusimatic premium attached to BU rolls has drifted from the 50's era Franklins down into the 1940's era BU/GEM BU Walking Lib halves, and Mercury dimes...AND 40's era Washington Quarters.

i think this is because money is scared and looking for safe asset classes. Used to be a day, when low 7 digit net worth individuals could park money in triple A rated tax free muni's at 4-5%, and they'd be safe....those days are over. It's a unsetttled enviroment, and i've noticed besides high value nusimatic coins, money also is moving towards water and wood, meaning i see less and less multiple 100 acre wooded land, hard woods, these days available for offer. where i live a lot of FAST money is grabbing land that has 'frack' sand , northern white sand, its fine grained sand, high in demand by frackers, and these boys just rape the land. i'm not a tree hugger....(in altered states, i DO hug trees, but......) but i view this land raping as just out right pillage from outsiders....we'll stop 'em....anyway, i digress............me? these days i want more .999's, i got a goodly number of 90's.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:31 am

well, thanks Neil... you got me sucked into bidding on one of your dream rolls. I picked up the Barber/Merc roll... I'll let you guys know what it contains and whether I got ripped :lol: I actually forgot I placed a high bid on powersnipe.com... then it was over before I remembered. Oh, well :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 am

beauanderos wrote:well, thanks Neil... you got me sucked into bidding on one of your dream rolls. I picked up the Barber/Merc roll... I'll let you guys know what it contains and whether I got ripped :lol: I actually forgot I placed a high bid on powersnipe.com... then it was over before I remembered. Oh, well :roll:

that was YOU!!! i looked at the final trade and thought, "man, somebody had a hard on for that roll".....200 samolians!! 40 times face....hahahahahha, i'm lmao.........in a good way. i would of done it, if i had the frn's free....look, i got barbers, dimes and halves, their g-4's....these at least you can SEE what a Barber looked like....so what if they MIGHT have been cleaned.we cant be instrinic ALL the time.......

serious, i wouldnt have put it up there, if it wasnt something i would bid on, and i did put a half butted 125 bid on that, just to dip my toe in the water.........let us know if they're okay. neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:23 am

I had a 350 bid on it... thank the heavens it didn't go that high. From what I could see, and intentionally low-grading the visible stuff, it seems as if there's about $350 retail in it, though I'll use the nice mercs for multiple sets I maintain. I think I have five or six Barber dime collections, so those might find a new home :shh:

Too bad the bidding always gets so rabid on BU Walker or Merc rolls. I'd love to have a few.... just because :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:59 pm

beauanderos wrote:I had a 350 bid on it... thank the heavens it didn't go that high. From what I could see, and intentionally low-grading the visible stuff, it seems as if there's about $350 retail in it, though I'll use the nice mercs for multiple sets I maintain. I think I have five or six Barber dime collections, so those might find a new home :shh:

Too bad the bidding always gets so rabid on BU Walker or Merc rolls. I'd love to have a few.... just because :lol:

i just saw the final trade on it!!!! whoa...52 times! oh man thats better than 70 times.

man, them BU Walker and Merc rolls are a nightmare to get into......its as i said, there is some real money out there, and its scared money...these guys are a nightmare to bid against.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:33 pm

So what do you do with a quality roll once you have it? Do you try to get them graded or something?
barrytrot

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 am

barrytrot wrote:So what do you do with a quality roll once you have it? Do you try to get them graded or something?

me?.......no. when i get a roll, i closely examine each coin, if its a Gem/bu...or bu, use a loop, maginfying glass, etc, then i carefully put them back in their rolls...carefully....then i put them in their SECURE location and dont look at them again.

strange?....maybe, but i have zero inclination to SELL......i keep strict inventory, meaning i handwrite a list, date bought, price paid, notes. i'm old skool...i like to keep things on paper, not electronic media, and i keep my mouth shut.

in the case that i go to be with God, exactly TWO people know everything, both of whom i trust with my life, one of them will get them should i shed this mortal coil.

as far as this being a secure location, lets just put it this way....ever see that TV show, "The Walking Dead"?....well, in my estimation, the living ones?....they're pikers, compared to this hobbit hole.

but anyway, i'm totally deluded, and making up big stories, a congenital liar and faker, i couldnt tell you what a silver coin looks like, i just pretend i own them....its makes me FEEL good.....in reality, i live on welfare, and sup on gummit cheese and that ole EBT card to buy lil Debbies and Mountain Dew....but i have saved some pennies and nickels.

neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals