Coinstar At Stop & Shop

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Coinstar At Stop & Shop

Postby Tantalar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 pm

I knew this was the only place I could discuss this without being called crazy or laughed at for wasting my time, and so I am happy to post it here.

I recently moved to one of the most expensive towns in CT (I am renting on the cheap) and quickly noticed the benefits to living here. The stop & shop has a coinstar machine near the exit, and so I check it frequently as a habit. I have always done this and have always found something no matter where I was in the state. I have checked the reject tray probably 5 times now. First time I found a mercury dime common date, with 3 fiat dimes. Eagerly I have checked another 3 times and found one penny, and then today I checked and found three dimes that had some sort of dusty film covering them, along with a penny. I got all excited and rubbed them clean one by one. Fiat dimes and a zincoln. Oh well. $3.00 richer already lol. I get the feeling that a lot of kids dump their dad's change there and people don't care to pick up dirty change in the reject bin.

Off topic, but they have an amazing selection like I have never seen anywhere of $2.00 off stickers on $5 -$6 packs of organic free range chicken, and dirt cheap discount produce clearance rack sections. I'm talking 4 pomegranates for $1.20, out of season, because one of them was slightly bruised. The buyers here are so picky. Now I just need to go over to the banks and see how much silver gets dumped there!
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Coinstar At Stop & Shop

Postby bman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 pm

I always check those coinstar machines but the best coin I ever got was a wheatie....now those 4 pomegranates for $1.20 sounds like my kind of deal! :thumbup:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals