If you don't own any of this stuff...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

If you don't own any of this stuff...

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:56 am

...what are you waiting for?

With gold and silver down this morning - following a mysterious vertical plunge last night (once again) - we thought ConvergEx's Nick Colas' timely discussion of gold was worthwhile. As he notes, Gold is the ultimate personality test for investors. Some hate it, excoriating its adherents for their lack of faith in human ingenuity – gold has been valuable since before humans could write. And some swear by the yellow metal, in the belief that it is the last vestige of rationality in a world of financial assets manipulated by central banks and opaque trading venues. What gets lost in the wash is that gold is a commodity and can be analyzed as such. On that basis, here is the 'Top 10' list of real-world fundamentals for gold.

Full article:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-13/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-gold
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: If you don't own any of this stuff...

Postby justoneguy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:12 pm

shinnosuke wrote:...what are you waiting for?

I'm wating to win the lotto! :roll: :roll:
that yellow stuff is toooo expensive for most of us penny people. :cry:
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Shinn, these comex guys are good, nice little pump and dump game they got going in the futures mkt.....especially silver....down almost 1.50........these boys are getting fat bonus' this year....the basis is just getting wider, futures to physical...doesnt make me mad, but they will kill the market...i've seen it done to other markets...guys collude, jam the market, retail trade dries up,and then they are left to pick pocket each other, which gets tiresome....reminds me of when Charlie Sheen's newbie broker asks Gordon Gekko, 'why wreck it?'...refering to the airline his FATHER is employed at, and Gecko snaps out, "BECAUSE ITS WRECKABLE!!"

Greed is NOT good. we're living that reality NOW.........and on a HAPPY note, Packers, Bears, Saturday...be there!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 pm

neilgin1 wrote:Shinn, these comex guys are good, nice little pump and dump game they got going in the futures mkt.....especially silver....down almost 1.50........these boys are getting fat bonus' this year....the basis is just getting wider, futures to physical...doesnt make me mad, but they will kill the market...i've seen it done to other markets...guys collude, jam the market, retail trade dries up,and then they are left to pick pocket each other, which gets tiresome....reminds me of when Charlie Sheen's newbie broker asks Gordon Gekko, 'why wreck it?'...refering to the airline his FATHER is employed at, and Gecko snaps out, "BECAUSE ITS WRECKABLE!!"

Greed is NOT good. we're living that reality NOW.........and on a HAPPY note, Packers, Bears, Saturday...be there!

Crazy day, Neil, but we just keep on stacking, right? The greed and dishonesty in DC is breath-taking. We know we're on our own now and must man up and act like it.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals