First Commemerative Mint ?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

First Commemerative Mint ?

Postby Beau » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:10 pm

I have a set of five decades of dimes by the First Commemerative Mint they are all Proof. the dimes are dated 1968 S 1979 S 1981 S 1999 S 2003 S are these dimes silver? they are in a black velvet box each dime is in an air tite, so I can`t see the side to see if there is any copper showing, not sure but they seem to be glued in. I Googled it but came up with nothing.

THANKS

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: First Commemerative Mint ?

Postby Country » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Beau wrote:.
I have a set of five decades of dimes by the First Commemerative Mint they are all Proof. the dimes are dated 1968 S 1979 S 1981 S 1999 S 2003 S are these dimes silver? they are in a black velvet box each dime is in an air tite, so I can`t see the side to see if there is any copper showing, not sure but they seem to be glued in. I Googled it but came up with nothing.

THANKS

Only the 1999-S and the 2003-S have a chance at being SILVER. The other years, the mint produced only clads.

Check the patina, and compare it to some bright and shiny 90% SILVER coins that you own.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: First Commemerative Mint ?

Postby Beau » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 pm

THANKS Country

the dimes have the shine like a new Silver Eagle Proof with the frosted bust except for the 1968 S .
there is no Patina.
the 1999S and 2003 S look the same as all the others.

THANKS Beau

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals