FRN's as TP

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

FRN's as TP

Postby 50centsaver » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:44 am

If/when our money will someday be worth only the paper it's printed on, and we stack silver and gold now, if gold gets up to $2K+/oz and silver $100+/oz what will it matter if fiat is worthless? Rather than give someone an oz of gold for $2K of toilet paper- I'll obviously keep the gold. Use the metals themselves to buy goods. The world will be a crazy place- everybody for themselves. Chaos. It would seem that if one would have gold and silver, smaller increments would seem to make the most sense/be the most practical to use to buy goods, especially gold ie 1/10 oz coins. The future scenario doesn't look pretty.
50centsaver
Penny Sorter Member

Re: FRN's as TP

Postby Romalae » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:30 am

As it stands, paper bills are already toilet paper; 94% of bills contain fecal matter pathogens upon them and can carry more germs that the average household toilet. So, in conclusion, your money is already pretty much toilet paper, physically and figuratively.
Romalae
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Kurr » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Now you see why I focus on manufacturing "micro" bullion and getting it into people's hands. I see no other outcome to the present day "Mechanics of Modern Money"(read the Federal Reserve authored book: http://archive.org/details/ModernMoneyMechanics).

Already the people that need the protection of PM's the most Those of lower economic standing) have been priced out just running out and picking up an ounce of gold. I see silver being that way before long.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby avidbrandy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Romalae wrote:As it stands, paper bills are already toilet paper; 94% of bills contain fecal matter pathogens upon them and can carry more germs that the average household toilet. So, in conclusion, your money is already pretty much toilet paper, physically and figuratively.

Thank you for that trivia that's just the kind of encouragement I need to buy some more silver.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Yes! I must grow the stack.... :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:25 pm

One can never have enough toilet paper. Actually could prove to be more valuable than pm's.
A little diversification doesn't hurt.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Romalae » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:27 pm

wheeler_dealer wrote:One can never have enough toilet paper. Actually could prove to be more valuable than pm's.
A little diversification doesn't hurt.

Maybe not, but having a load of staphylococcus and foreign fecal matter pressed up the arse might in the long run.

I have serious doubts about the sanitary disposition of most bills.

avidbrandy wrote:Thank you for that trivia that's just the kind of encouragement I need to buy some more silver.

It was well warranted. It is pleasing to know that my displeasing lore has compelled you to do this.
Romalae
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Chief » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 am

When the time comes, I'll trade the TP I get free from work for Ag. Not stolen, just smaller industrial rolls, after they are changed.
I'd be lucky to get much though... This stuff is 1/2 ply. :lol:
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals