Gas station attendant possibly selling silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gas station attendant possibly selling silver

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:13 am

Almost every week I go to this gas station near my gym and buy $10 to $15 in gas with halves :-)

They don't seem to mind; one of them told me that customers like getting them back in change.

Today, I went in to buy $15 gas and one of the attendants told me he had 3 silver halves turned in yesterday.

He asked me if I sell the silver I find and I told him I was a collector. I asked him if he sold what he found and he said he would. He didn't have what he found with him so he told me to come back tomorrow and he would bring in what he has found so far.

I asked him how much he was selling them for and he said it depends on the date.

Hopefully, I can work out some kind of deal.

Thought it was cool though that I may have found a new source for silver without having to sort. We will see.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Gas station attendant possibly selling silver

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:08 pm

I thought you guys would find that cool :-(

I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:33 pm

I thought it was cool! Was waiting for the response to see what he has and how much he is selling for
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jasmatk » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:39 pm

that is cool hope it works out for you
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Pennysaved » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:27 am

He forgot his coins today :(

But he apologized and said he would bring them next Tuesday

He said he had 6 of them; dates range from 62 to 66. Hopefully he will cut me a deal
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Pennysaved » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:53 am

So I stopped in at the gas station today to buy my $10 in gas with halves :-)

The attendant brought the silver half dollars; he had 1 1964 JFK and 4 65-69 JFKs that he has found while working.

I asked him how much he wanted and he said he didn't know and to make him an offer.

I figured $3 each for the 40% and $8 for the 1964; so I offered him $20 and he took it.

I know not the deal of the century but I figured if I treated him fairly he will be more likely to sell to me again.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 am

Thats not a bad deal. Nice to have someone who deals with a lot of coins on the lookout for you. Hopefully he will save them for you.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals