Actual (buyers) Silver Price....

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Actual (buyers) Silver Price....

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:49 am

To me I wonder if the actual Current (buyers) Silver Price ($28.84) is actually more about $31/oz. Let me explain. Where on RealCent, eBay, Provident, ect.... can you buy any 1oz round or even 90% without a premium? Or anywhere near the $28/oz range. Halves consistently go for $230-245 a roll here, even tho the melt price is $208. I mean there are plenty of people in the BUy it Now section here selling generic rounds for $31+ and the specialty rounds like ASE's, Maples, Kooks are going for even higher premiums because people remember times like last summer when silver was $34-35/oz and the ASE's were $39-40 average. SO buying one today for $35 seems like a bargain, even tho its almost a $7 markup!!!

So even tho Silver is in the $28-29 range, you can't buy it anywhere near that. When it goes back up to the $30-31 range I suppose you will be able to buy it near that. But right now I think the real (buyers) price of silver is right around $31. We talk about buying on the dip, but really, I still see the same prices I did almost a month ago. Thoughts? WIsdom? Flame?

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Actual (buyers) Silver Price....

Postby Engineer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:20 am

I can get larger quantities of 90% (100+ FV) for about 21.5x face right now...so it's not all as expensive as the smaller quantities that normally trade here.

With that being said, nobody seems eager to let physical go for under $30/oz.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 am

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:To me I wonder if the actual Current (buyers) Silver Price ($28.84) is actually more about $31/oz. Let me explain. Where on RealCent, eBay, Provident, ect.... can you buy any 1oz round or even 90% without a premium? Or anywhere near the $28/oz range. Halves consistently go for $230-245 a roll here, even tho the melt price is $208. I mean there are plenty of people in the BUy it Now section here selling generic rounds for $31+ and the specialty rounds like ASE's, Maples, Kooks are going for even higher premiums because people remember times like last summer when silver was $34-35/oz and the ASE's were $39-40 average. SO buying one today for $35 seems like a bargain, even tho its almost a $7 markup!!!

So even tho Silver is in the $28-29 range, you can't buy it anywhere near that. When it goes back up to the $30-31 range I suppose you will be able to buy it near that. But right now I think the real (buyers) price of silver is right around $31. We talk about buying on the dip, but really, I still see the same prices I did almost a month ago. Thoughts? WIsdom? Flame?

-The Great

Clint, you asked, "can you buy any 1oz round or even 90% without a premium?"

of course not. first, we're buying retail level amounts. i know where you're going with this. The "board" is NOT relevant to TRUE peice discovery....its cooked, its played with, used by large entities as an ATM machine to gank smaller perma bulls.....and then when these boys get caught short?....watch what they do, they'll force majuere, and shut the place down.

all i know, as far as silver goes is Ebay, and where i concentrate on are 90%'ers, 40's, and SAE's, because what i'm doing is buying insurance for a post dollar enviiroment, thats why every thing i buy, HAS TO have minted on the coin, "United States of America"....and "In God We Trust"...outside of Rodee's FINE stuff, i peronally have little to no interest in bars or rounds.

why?....if we go post dollar, and we trade local in my parts, and lets say you have a bar or a round to trade?...with me...it will not carry the same value, as say an SAE...because with an SAE, i dont have to pop out an assay kit, to see if thats REALLY silver you got....

on Ebay RIGHT NOW, circ 90's are going for 22-25/26 times face, the UNcirc 90's....whole different story, i can tell you this, at certain times, if you keep your eyes open, and be ready to pounce, you can "sneak" in and pick up a BU/AU roll of 1944P Washington quarters for 22 times...or like last night, "snuck" and got a roll of BU 1957 Washingtons for 27 times face...it WAS gonna be 23 times, but somebody with a 1 second snipe thought he was gonna bid 26.6 times and get it from me......wrong.

Prime solid date Franklin rolls go for 30 to 35 times face, same with prime Roosie in the $10 face 2 roll increments....i'm talking BU's or above.....Mercury dimes, and Walking Liberty halevs in prime shape....forget it!!

so, you might ask me..."why pay up?".....which i could respond with another question, "why you stacking?" i stack because i'm looking beyond "post dollar"...thats why i dont buy anything foreign, and i do count Canadian as foreign. What i'm trying to do is to both lock in, or insure the value of currency, AND at the same time, actually SAVE money....currency, REAL currency.

The old paradigm of "saving money", in FRN's...in a bank is clearly more risky than it was yesterday given the situation in Cyprus.

thats why i also stack bricks of nickels, face value $100 boxes (bricks) and 95% pre-82.....i need to save real currency, US currency....coz i aint leaving...and i dont "flip" silver coins, sell them.....i'm a buyer.

finally, when do we go "post dollar"?....a lot of people will say, "yesterday"...i'm not so certain. Its going to be a lot longer than folks think.Say what you will about Ben and the lads at the fed, but they're NOT dumb...foolish. mebbe. Dumb?...no, they will throw everything in the world at this dollar, keep it afloat, but we got three things to keep it afloat, we have a new lake of oil underneath us, we are the worlds grainery, and we have the 82nd and 101st airborne, plus a whole lotta specop warriors, that know how to say , "yessir".

so i look at 2018-2020, maybe beyond...but then again, maybe the 4th quarter of 2013, we just dont know...so thats why i stack, be blessed, and i hope to God we dont get into the flame thing around here, i would think we're better than all that, coz there's a lot of men of respect on this forum, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:35 am

There's plenty of silver near spot.
I was just on Provident's website. They have brand new year of the snake 1 oz rounds for $29.88 with spot at $29.09.
The higher priced stuff has some value other than the metal.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:19 am

spot right now= 29.08
provident snake= 29.87 (cash discount price)
buy 3 = 89.61 + 5.95 shipping = 95.56 divide by 3 = $31.85 per oz. shipped.
go up another oz. and they bump the shipping up.

Clint's analysis seems a little conservative. Silver is over 31.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:55 am

My ad on the local craigslist brings in silver for 90% of spot. I get about one call a week from someone wanting to sell 90% coin, or bullion rounds.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 am

blackrabbit wrote:spot right now= 29.08
provident snake= 29.87 (cash discount price)
buy 3 = 89.61 + 5.95 shipping = 95.56 divide by 3 = $31.85 per oz. shipped.
go up another oz. and they bump the shipping up.

Clint's analysis seems a little conservative. Silver is over 31.

You got it, it's exactly what I am trying to say. And Neil, I am not saying i am not buying, because I am still paying the premiums. I am on the same page you are and I completely agree with you. My whole point was, as a "buyer" the actual price per oz is $31'ish. That's all. Thanks for the responses guys

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:40 pm

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote: And Neil, I am not saying i am not buying, because I am still paying the premiums. I am on the same page you are and I completely agree with you. My whole point was, as a "buyer" the actual price per oz is $31'ish. That's all. Thanks for the responses guys

-The Great

oh Clint, i knew that my bru....i had a fun writing the post to you! like Gecko said, the most important commodity he had...info! and i had fun sharing any info, with you (and the crew)

i'm on top Ebay, like a teen lad and his first sqeeuze.....know what i saw slip by the other day, this weekend? an OBW roll of 1932 BU, Washington quarters....and i forget now, if they were "D"'s or "S"s....but it went for $1084...plus there was another 1932 Wash AU roll went flying by...i think it traded 90 times face...that said....were they worth it?

yeh!...i couldnt hit 'em!......but if i COULD, i'd of just put on a $1535 bid on each,and walked away. Clint i love talking and sharing war stories or ideas about US coins....and if you're buying bars or rounds? MORE power to you.......ANYTHING containing silver is GOOD hard currency!!!

(on Ebay though, i did have to let go of buying a 2004 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4WD 4 cyl truck...them trucks are gems, fellow was asking 8995, i was gonna bid 7500, i could get the credit union to give me a note in 5 minutes....but it was my 17 yo, that talked sense to me....."more debt?!?"....when we're already good to go? Daddy!!!!"....we had a wee go at it, ie, "i'm the captain here, i call the shots"....but then, after i rubbed some mustard on my forehead, and realized we do got a firewood truck, its a beater though....i had to commend the lad for his level headedness......told him he's becoming a man...no more debt, you're right on that son"......HE's the one i stack for....teach him about hard currency...about coins, trading, etc....hunting, all of it....he's a fine young man, proud of him...and i'll betcha, he felt good, and valued, that he could talk the old man from being imprudent)

so yeh, $31's about right. be blessed, The Great, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I must say, the top people here I just relish in reading what they have to say are as follows: Neil, Ray, 68Camaro, NHsorter, Shinnosuke, and probably a couple others I am forgetting. People with the same ideas and proper thinking as myself. But the passion and rambunctiousness that derives from your souls is what I imagine our forefathers were like. It truly is a pleasure to converse with you gentlemen, keep Teaching/Preaching/Stacking, my generation needs it!!!

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals