No big fluctuations in PMs this week HolidayvsConsoliation?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

No big fluctuations in PMs this week HolidayvsConsoliation?

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:15 am

We don't seem to be getting the big fluctuations in price of PMs this week. It is either up or down just 20 cents or less for silver.

Do you think this is a consolidation at these prices or is it just due to light trading because of the Holidays?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: No big fluctuations in PMs this week HolidayvsConsoliati

Postby beauanderos » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:37 am

I think the Boyz are still capping the price, just trying to be more subtle about it. They've decided, for now, that just keeping attention away from silver, as it supposedly "consolidates" is better than the renewed vigor with which it would again proceed if $30 is broken decisively on strong volume. You'll notice, by looking at the daily charts, that the selloffs still occur at almost the same time every day on the NYMEX.
Last edited by beauanderos on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby whatsnext » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 pm

It went up ten bucks with little resistence, hit the 30 wall with a dent, took the hit but did not fall to it's knees, rebalanced and is currently sitting pretty.

My questions are is the buy silver campaign even partly reasponsible for this? Are the participants done with little joining in from now on?

Was it just worried investors and savers doing what the TV is saying?(more heads are recommending PMs)

I've looked at some vids on youtube basicly stating gold is going to be the big winner in the coming months with silver taking a concussion and not doing as well as it has recently.

I also remember hearing that silver for under 20 bucks was a deal. Wish i would have taken that serious.

I think 25 might be a safe place for silver to rest, and that expecting 32-35 is a little unrealistic in this short a time unless something startling happens. How much investor speculation is there for that kind of a rise?

silver has outperformed inflation and gold by a mile already but still seems undervalued(Thats no reason for irrational exuberance.)
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HPMBTT » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Was thinking the same thing this week and last week too. Very little movement. I believe I read somewhere also that historically, silver (and perhaps gold) move less in Jan/Feb versus any other time of the year. I could be completely wrong on this, though. Feel free to comment/correct as needed.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JJM » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:48 pm

This sideways trading is a good thing. It will bust through $30, decisively, at some point soon. As to when, who knows... I do know it will close lower on the 31st than it will on the 30th (they'll want to push the year ending price down). I could see January 3rd being a pretty amazing day towards the upside.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals