gold coin ring test in "The Pianist"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

gold coin ring test in "The Pianist"

Postby fasteddy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:54 am

In the movie The Pianist, there is a scene where a couple of fellas are ring testing gold coins on a table in 1940 Warsaw. It went like this.... ring, ring, ring, ring, thunk, that coin was slide to the side....My kids were bored watching this movie until I pointed out the repeat of history that is happening right in front of their eyes...mainly the reason for the second amendment. Inflation to hyperinflation...piles of cash becoming worthless nearly overnight...Hitler's Obama's Hope & Change...blah blah blah.....
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Re: gold coin ring test in "The Pianist"

Postby silverflake » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 am

Reminds me of the scene in "Schindlers List" when the Jewish jewelers are closely picking through the piles of looted jewelry and gold with the Nazi henchmen watching over in back of them. Particularly poignant when one Jewish man finishes his pile and calls for a new load and they dump a pile of teeth with gold fillings. Chilling, to this day.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals