Coin Identification and Value

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Coin Identification and Value

Postby TXBullion » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:58 am

Not my thread, just helping someone post it and get a value for what they should pay. I will let him chime in with any additional info/comments etc. If im not mistaken its a ducat. I believe there are some counterfeits out there but this is for from my primary knowledge base.

for member racandjjc

20130409_111856 by cbs txb, on Flickr
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Coin Identification and Value

Postby racandjjc » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:25 am

Thank you TXBullion for doing that!! You rock.

This is a coin a coworker said was passed down from his mother. I was gonna make a fair offer on it but dont know where to even start..... i dont wanna short him and i really dont wanna over pay..... so....thoughts??? Thanks in and advanced and thanks again TXBullion!!
racandjjc

Postby racandjjc » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Anyone??
racandjjc

Postby currencydebasement » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Looks like Austria 4 Ducat .986 .4426ASW. Check out Ebay or some of the online retailers to see what the "market" is on it. Then discount it a bit and you both win.
Full time coin hoarder, part time attorney* (licensed to practice in CA and DC)
http://www.currencydebasement.com
currencydebasement

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals