90% SILVER PREMIUMS - A SNAPSHOT - UPDATED

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

90% SILVER PREMIUMS - A SNAPSHOT - UPDATED

Postby Country » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:41 pm

SPOT IS CURRENTLY AT $22.69, so:

22X face = $30.76 SILVER = spot + $8.07
21X face = $29.37 SILVER = spot + $6.68
20X face = $27.97 SILVER = spot + $5.28
19X face = $26.57 SILVER = spot + $3.88
18X face = $25.17 SILVER = spot + $2.48
17X face = $23.78 SILVER = spot + $1.09

$22.69 SILVER is 16.22X face.

Know your premiums!
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: 90% SILVER PREMIUMS - A SNAPSHOT

Postby nabzy28 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Amazing how most of the online sites have held strong at that 22x level.... or just slapped the 'out of stock' banner on it....
nabzy28

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Country wrote:SPOT IS CURRENTLY AT $25.85, so:

22X face = $30.76 SILVER = spot + $4.91
21X face = $29.37 SILVER = spot + $3.52
20X face = $27.97 SILVER = spot + $2.12
19X face = $26.57 SILVER = spot + 72c

$25.85 SILVER is 18.48X face.

Know your premiums!

and at what price level are you willing to sell what you've stockpiled?

http://www.silverseek.com/article/dip-silver-prices-means-higher-premiums-us-silver-coins-10881
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby wheeler_dealer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:16 pm

What stockpile? Country, you have a stockpile??? :shh:
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:24 pm

LCS was 20.5 today.. i bought 5 dollars face of AU Kennedys...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:25 pm

COMEX derived prices are not "real world" prices. Somebody should monitor some sizable junk lots on ebay over the next few days and see what the market is willing to pay? You can hold out on principle, and not add to your stack... or you can pay the going rate.... if you can even FIND anyone with silver to sell. People (LCS owners) have business expenses to cover... don't expect them to bankrupt themselves on your behalf.
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Diggin4copper wrote:LCS was 20.5 today.. i bought 5 dollars face of AU Kennedys...

And that was only because one of the very few sellers who entered their shop probably sold to them at 15X or 16X face. If they can't replace it for less than their ask... why should they feel obliged to sell?
beauanderos

Postby Engineer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 pm

nabzy28 wrote:Amazing how most of the online sites have held strong at that 22x level.... or just slapped the 'out of stock' banner on it....

APMEX is buying uglies and slicks at 20.57x (11.4% over spot), which effectively sets the floor for 90%. There's no reason to sell lower unless you need the money NOW.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverhead » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Real world prices and "paper prices" are not the same thing. Everything that I could "find" locally on the phone today at a good price was sold out before I could get there.. I am going to a small coin show Sunday to look for bargain 90% , I don't expect to find any below 21X fv . I bought some at 19.75 on BS tonight just in case. If I find something Sunday it will be gravy.
silverhead
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:38 am

beauanderos wrote:

Know your premiums!

http://www.silverseek.com/article/dip-silver-prices-means-higher-premiums-us-silver-coins-10881

For me, it will be at what AGE in my life. I'm 66, and I'm just not old enough yet. If I'm (God willing) 80, that probably is the right age to begin selling to pay for various healthcare expenses.... :wave:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby christostock » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:58 am

My LCS just paid me $20.55 for half dollars.
he won't buy any more today, that is why I have listed some for sale in the buy it now
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby messymessy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:05 pm

I called my LCS this morning and was told that they were charging spot plus $6 for 90% dimes and quarters and charging spot plus $8 for 90% halves. The guy I spoke to said that even though silver was falling, the premium was going up.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:30 pm

I wish I had asked what 90% was at the LCS yesterday. It used to be $1 over, but that was... a while ago. I think January? I had no trouble getting 80% and 40% at spot, though.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Country wrote:
beauanderos wrote:

Know your premiums!

For me, it will be at what AGE in my life. I'm 66, and I'm just not old enough yet. If I'm (God willing) 80, that probably is the right age to begin selling to pay for various healthcare expenses.... :wave:

you missed the intent of my question. Knowing the track record of silver over the past few days... if you had to sell NOW... what would your asking price be? Would you presume that spot prices would rapidly revert to "normal" within a few days or weeks, and thus be reluctant to sell at "forced pricing?" Or would you just say "oh, this is what melt is, I guess I'll sell at that price?" Let's presume you don't need the money, but want a fair price for what you spent years accumulating.
Last edited by beauanderos on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beauanderos

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:24 pm

Off the question but, you can get 20 ozt of .999 at about the equivalent 19.5 face or a little over here: http://www.jmbullion.com/1-oz-golden-st ... ffalo-new/

Add a $10 discount avaliable from any JM Bullion customer and you've got it with free shipping. Is there a better deal out there for rounds or 90%?

On the Q, I'm not selling any of my stack until I know the human empire is on a slow decline and not a collapse.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:13 pm

If I were selling today, I would want to get 20X face (apx. $28 SILVER). That's a fair price I think for today. Tulving sell price is spot + 2.99 (20.6X face); buy price is spot + $1.50 (19.5X face), for quarters and dimes. Now, that is from my perspective as a long term holder of many years. However, if you are a much younger stacker and have bought at much higher levels, you might not want to sell at all, to recover some of the loss of value in future years.

My current perspective is that the large premiums are very similar to 2009. When will they go away? Only when PMs recover from current levels, and when demand for PMs slacks a little due to some concurrent selling by others. I don't look for that to happen on Monday, and I expect another dive lower on Monday. By Tuesday, we may begin to see some recovery. Peter Schiff made some good arguments on Saturday, that PM paper speculators are assuming that GOLD from weak countries will flood the market when they have to sell it. In addition, he believes that NO GOLD will ever reach any market, but will simply be transferred in bulk from weak European countries to growing Asia and others who want and need the GOLD because they have little of it. These countries will be STRONG holders of GOLD in the future, and will NOT BE SELLING anytime soon. I like his thoughts; further, I am of the opinion that this current manipulation was orchestrated, perhaps for the sole benefit of CHINA who worked out a negotiation of some sort. Sovereigns do sometimes work together for their beneficial interests. Debtor countries want CASH, creditor countries want GOLD (as cheap as possible). Could CHINA help bailout the Europeans for their GOLD?
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Country wrote:If I were selling today, I would want to get 20X face (apx. $28 SILVER). That's a fair price I think for today. Tulving sell price is spot + 2.99 (20.6X face); buy price is spot + $1.50 (19.5X face), for quarters and dimes. Now, that is from my perspective as a long term holder of many years. However, if you are a much younger stacker and have bought at much higher levels, you might not want to sell at all, to recover some of the loss of value in future years.

My current perspective is that the large premiums are very similar to 2009. When will they go away? Only when PMs recover from current levels, and when demand for PMs slacks a little due to some concurrent selling by others. I don't look for that to happen on Monday, and I expect another dive lower on Monday. By Tuesday, we may begin to see some recovery. Peter Schiff made some good arguments on Saturday, that PM paper speculators are assuming that GOLD from weak countries will flood the market when they have to sell it. In addition, he believes that NO GOLD will ever reach any market, but will simply be transferred in bulk from weak European countries to growing Asia and others who want and need the GOLD because they have little of it. These countries will be STRONG holders of GOLD in the future, and will NOT BE SELLING anytime soon. I like his thoughts; further, I am of the opinion that this current manipulation was orchestrated, perhaps for the sole benefit of CHINA who worked out a negotiation of some sort. Sovereigns do sometimes work together for their beneficial interests. Debtor countries want CASH, creditor countries want GOLD (as cheap as possible). Could CHINA help bailout the Europeans for their GOLD?

China doesn't have enough money to bail out Europe :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Engineer wrote:
nabzy28 wrote:Amazing how most of the online sites have held strong at that 22x level.... or just slapped the 'out of stock' banner on it....

APMEX is buying uglies and slicks at 20.57x (11.4% over spot), which effectively sets the floor for 90%. There's no reason to sell lower unless you need the money NOW.

Certain volume minumums are needed to get that price from APMEX and they do not help with shipping whatsoever. :shifty:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby dannan14 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:05 am

beauanderos wrote:China doesn't have enough money to bail out Europe :lol:

i'm not so sure about that. The China Investment Corporation wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Investment_Corporation says $3.2T in USD currency reserves plus another $400M in the sovereign fund. Plus they've already acquired quite a bit of gold. i think they probably could go to the ECB and make that happen if it was likely that financial armageddon was about to occur.

It's funny because years ago i read an article, probably in Time, but i don't recall, about how the number of Chinese in the coastal part of the Russian Far East would soon surpass the number of Russians. China had approached Russia to sell the territory to them. The Russians put a price tag of $7T on it. The article surmised that the main reason the price was kept so high is that it is Russa's only Pacific port. At the time it was thought that there was no way that China would ever be able to afford such a purchase and i thought, "but everything is made in China".

i think we're watching the changing of the (world) guard.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:02 am

dannan14 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:China doesn't have enough money to bail out Europe :lol:

i'm not so sure about that. The China Investment Corporation wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Investment_Corporation says $3.2T in USD currency reserves plus another $400M in the sovereign fund. Plus they've already acquired quite a bit of gold. i think they probably could go to the ECB and make that happen if it was likely that financial armageddon was about to occur.

It's funny because years ago i read an article, probably in Time, but i don't recall, about how the number of Chinese in the coastal part of the Russian Far East would soon surpass the number of Russians. China had approached Russia to sell the territory to them. The Russians put a price tag of $7T on it. The article surmised that the main reason the price was kept so high is that it is Russa's only Pacific port. At the time it was thought that there was no way that China would ever be able to afford such a purchase and i thought, "but everything is made in China".

i think we're watching the changing of the (world) guard.

China WANTS financial armageddon. They will emerge on top (sitting on a pile of gold)
beauanderos

Postby tedandcam » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:41 am

My LCS is posting on their website that they are currently paying .52c OVER spot for 90% :thumbup:
They selling at $3.40 over spot for that same 90%. :thumbdown:
My favorite LCS (my bank and CU- still have no premiums, just sell at face :shh: )

As stated by many here, they premiums go up the more the price drops.
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby dannan14 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 am

beauanderos wrote:China WANTS financial armageddon. They will emerge on top (sitting on a pile of gold)

Maybe not unless they can assure themselves that stability would return quickly with their products being sold all around the world.....otherwise they might just have 1 billion hungry and angry peasants on the rampage. i think the only armageddon they would really want would be confined to the game of nations. Us littlefolk don't need to know it even happened. But that does beg the question...how deeply are the Rothschilds and their ilk invested in China? i'll be shocked if China is doing this without their help/consent.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 am

dannan14 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:China WANTS financial armageddon. They will emerge on top (sitting on a pile of gold)

Maybe not unless they can assure themselves that stability would return quickly with their products being sold all around the world.....otherwise they might just have 1 billion hungry and angry peasants on the rampage. i think the only armageddon they would really want would be confined to the game of nations. Us littlefolk don't need to know it even happened. But that does beg the question...how deeply are the Rothschilds and their ilk invested in China? i'll be shocked if China is doing this without their help/consent.

Be shocked :shock:
beauanderos

Postby dannan14 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:01 am

beauanderos wrote:Be shocked :shock:

If that is the case armageddon will be too light a word hehe :twisted:
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverEye » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:30 pm

I found a shop downtown that was selling 90% at 20x face on Saturday, so I picked up all the halves they had. I asked what they buy at, 19x. Extremely tight spreads for physical.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals