Explosions at Boston Marathon!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Explosions at Boston Marathon!

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 pm

What a damn crazy day! Two explosions hit near the finish line of the Boston Marathon! Confusion reigns for now..... :cry: :x

http://www.cbsnews.com/2718-201_162-1950/cbs-news-live-video/?tag=custom
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon!

Postby theo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:34 pm

At least three dead so far. Terrible!
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Unreal. Prayers sent. :cry:
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aristobolus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Lord have mercy.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:45 pm

I was depressed all morning about the drop in PMs, but then when I got the call at 4pm that my daughter who was in Boston for the day was OK, The day got MUCH better! Prayers for those who were not as lucky...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Yeah, PMs will go up again. But this is permanent for those it impacts. The fear impact alone probably will impact thousands!
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby theo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Diggin4copper wrote:I was depressed all morning about the drop in PMs, but then when I got the call at 4pm that my daughter who was in Boston for the day was OK, The day got MUCH better! Prayers for those who were not as lucky...

Glad to hear your daughter is ok.

Fox just reported that one of the dead is an eight year old.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Any guesses on how long it will take the media to speculate on the tea party, right wingers responsible for the attack.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Thogey wrote:Any guesses on how long it will take the media to speculate on the tea party, right wingers responsible for the attack.

Nah. I doubt this will become a political blame game....or at least I hope not.

We can only hope they catch those cowards who are responsible for this! :x There is NO shame.

Sad day in this country, to be sure. :(
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:10 pm

It will become a political blame game within 72 hours.

Wanna bet?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby natsb88 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Thogey wrote:It will become a political blame game within 72 hours.

More excuses for reading emails and listening to phone calls without warrants, rekindle support for intervention in the middle east if it's an Arab national like some early reports were claiming, support for drone surveillance over the US...

They never waste a tragedy.
natsb88

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:50 pm

natsb88 wrote:

More excuses for reading emails and listening to phone calls without warrants, rekindle support for intervention in the middle east if it's an Arab national like some early reports were claiming, support for drone surveillance over the US...

Boy you hit that right on. I am sure we ( law abiding citizens of THIS country lost some more rights today!!
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ScrapMetal » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:53 pm

It will become a political blame game within 72 hours.

I agree, or it will be used just as Sandy Hook. After a few days, the people killed or hurt will be a passing memory, but the political mileage they can get from it will forever be there.

My guess is domestic terrorism, maybe due to the government's stance on gun control. Too many nut cases out there, sad that they must involve innocent people that have nothing to do with their agenda.

My heart goes out to the victims.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:00 pm

If I was to guess I would say cui bono? The security industry, military industrial complex, police state, etc.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby stlouiscoin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:11 pm

ya know what, pull everybody out of afganistan, Iraq, etc. and start random terrorist bombings.

this entire damn world is full of hypocrites and dip-shits.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby theo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Wanna bet?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/a ... PDGIjYBalO

The New York Post says that a 20 year old Saudi National is a suspect in the bombing. The same article claims that 12 people were killed.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 pm

In addition, Boston police have surveillance video of someone bringing multiple backpacks to the blast site, according to CBS News.

The solution is simple. We need to ban high capacity backpacks! [/sarc]
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Wanna bet?

Nope.

Could this be some kind of false flag attack to justify something else?

Something sinister is afoot, and it's making me uneasy to say the least. The level of hatred and discord in our country keeps getting higher, and to what end?

Democrats did it! Republicans suck!....yada yada yada. Ever since the political campaign became toxic, things are WORSE than ever. :sick:

I think it's time our country returns to ISOLATIONISM! Get out of other countries and take care of OUR OWN!!!! :evil:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Catfish4u » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:34 am

In the political blame game who do we blame for these killings? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... dding.html
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 am

Catfish4u wrote:In the political blame game who do we blame for these killings? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... dding.html

Those would be attributed to human error or bad intel. Somebody who happened to develop their own opinions rather than blindly following orders tends to get railroaded as a scapegoat*.

My worry about the Boston bombing is how it will be used to give more power to the government/politicians/bureaucrats/PTB/Banksters.

If I had to wager a guess, it will be used to help ram through the current weapons bills, add new bills to require more documentation on explosive precursors (they'll tack on some language to weaken the 2nd amendment in a backroom deal), and establish a more public presence of the DHS.

All sensible little steps toward the goal of a police state.

* I used to question whether I was a pessimist who thought the worst of people, but the longer I live, the more I realize that they really are evil bass turds.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:07 am

natsb88 wrote:

or rather....'they never waste a tragedy they caused'. A terrorist would have detonated the bombs much earlier to maximize casualties and as a result maximize exposure and psychological damage to the nation as a whole.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:27 am

dannan14 wrote:
natsb88 wrote:

or rather....'they never waste a tragedy they caused'. A terrorist would have detonated the bombs much earlier to maximize casualties and as a result maximize exposure and psychological damage to the nation as a whole.

False flag sounds about right to me on this one. For motives stated and some we don't even suspect. :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby brian0918 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 am

This "false flag" conspiracy s**t is sickening and getting old. Wait until you've got family or friends who are victims in an attack, and you start reading about people blaming the government, trying to make it political, with no respect for the victims. Stop wishing for attacks to vindicate your cynicism, and start showing some decency. :roll:
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:13 am

brian0918 wrote:This "false flag" conspiracy s**t is sickening and getting old. Wait until you've got family or friends who are victims in an attack, and you start reading about people blaming the government, trying to make it political, with no respect for the victims. Stop wishing for attacks to vindicate your cynicism, and start showing some decency. :roll:

I apologize if my post was one that seemed insensitive or offensive. No one is implying that this tragedy hasn't resulted in victims, including the fatalities, injuries, those whose loved ones were lost or harmed, and those whose sense of safety and security in our homeland now feel violated by this travesty. But the sad truth is that in our day and age pessimism is not unwarranted, resulting in opinions voiced that can come across as overly cynical. The written word pooly conveys sentiments that are best expressed in person.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:08 am

Who is wishing for attacks to vindicate their cynicism? Those are very harsh charges. After rereading this thread I don't see anyone wishing for attacks at all. Be decent and don't blame others for things they have not done. Blowing up anyone anywhere is pure evil in my view. Rationally discussing what causes and effects these type of events have seems like a decent thing to do.
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals