"Gold Buying Frenzy Continues"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"Gold Buying Frenzy Continues"

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Gold Buying Frenzy Continues: China, Japan, And Australia Scramble For Physical

"We noted here that the plunge in the paper price of gold (and silver) had prompted considerable renewed demand for physical and now it seems the scramble among the "more stable investor base" is increasing. The shake out of ETFs and futures has left the Australian mint short of deliverables and Japanese and Chinese gold retailers seeing a "frenzied" surge in demand. The customers are not just the 'rich' or 'elderly'; in China "they tend to wear water shoes and come directly from the market...;" in Australia, "the volume of business... is way in excess of double what we did last week,... there’s been people running through the gate," and Japanese individual investors doubled gold purchases yesterday at Tokuriki Honten, the country’s second-largest retailer of the precious metal. The panic selling by a weaker 'imminent inflation-based' investor base has sparked physical shortages - "there’s been significant sales made as people see this as great value." It seems our previous discussions of a rotation from paper to physical were correct and this physical demand will eventually leak back into the paper markets."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-1 ... e-physical
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: "Gold Buying Frenzy Continues"

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Can the paper price keep falling when there is worldwide high demand for physical? I have been hearing rumors of $1200 gold which might bring silver down to 20 or under. I guess that is possible, but articles like these make me wonder.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-1 ... slump.html
Last edited by blackrabbit on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:58 pm

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:36 pm

I don't think we will see physical and paper seperate just yet. Just physical will be "out of stock" shortly, as it has in the past when prices went down too far.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:12 am

neilgin1 wrote:Gold Buying Frenzy Continues: China, Japan, And Australia Scramble For Physical

"We noted here that the plunge in the paper price of gold (and silver) had prompted considerable renewed demand for physical and now it seems the scramble among the "more stable investor base" is increasing. The shake out of ETFs and futures has left the Australian mint short of deliverables and Japanese and Chinese gold retailers seeing a "frenzied" surge in demand. The customers are not just the 'rich' or 'elderly'; in China "they tend to wear water shoes and come directly from the market...;" in Australia, "the volume of business... is way in excess of double what we did last week,... there’s been people running through the gate," and Japanese individual investors doubled gold purchases yesterday at Tokuriki Honten, the country’s second-largest retailer of the precious metal. The panic selling by a weaker 'imminent inflation-based' investor base has sparked physical shortages - "there’s been significant sales made as people see this as great value." It seems our previous discussions of a rotation from paper to physical were correct and this physical demand will eventually leak back into the paper markets."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-1 ... e-physical

Then there's the school of thought that says when Joe Dirt on the street is finally buying, it's time for the smart money to SELL SELL SELL! Not saying that applies here, and I'm still buying. I'm just putting that out there.
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:15 am

The man on the street isn't buying yet. When that starts pm will become near impossible to find overnight and price will go up 2x then 4x then 10x. Markets will be crashing at same time.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby rexmerdinus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 am

neilgin1 wrote:"The customers are not just the 'rich' or 'elderly'; in China "they tend to wear water shoes and come directly from the market...;" in Australia, "the volume of business... is way in excess of double what we did last week,... there’s been people running through the gate," and Japanese individual investors doubled gold purchases yesterday at Tokuriki Honten, the country’s second-largest retailer of the precious metal.

Surely some of this is "man on the street" buying...
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:57 am

I don't know anyone buying that wasn't already a buyer. I do know people that have previously considered it who are thinking again.

My definition of "man on the street buying" is when ordinary people divert paper savings into pm.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby rexmerdinus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:17 am

I'm just saying it may be heading that way. Anecdotally, I don't know any buyers who weren't already buyers either. But I also don't know anyone in the countries mentioned.
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby scyther » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:26 am

That's the problem with the idea that "if just 10% of the population bought silver, it would go to new heights overnight". The average American has no interest in PM... but that may not be true in other countries. Countries with even higher populations, such as India and China. We all think about what would happen if Americans started buying PMs, but what if Indians stopped? :?
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:49 am

Do you paralyze yourself playing what-if games, or... what if you act on your convictions?
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:29 am

When paper has dropped so far that even many realcenters start questioning their decisions and beliefs - that is when "blood is on the street" and (if you have the guts to hold assets in paper until then, and if physical can be found) that is the ideal time to buy - pricewise.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:06 am

68Camaro wrote:When paper has dropped so far that even many realcenters start questioning their decisions and beliefs - that is when "blood is on the street" and (if you have the guts to hold assets in paper until then, and if physical can be found) that is the ideal time to buy - pricewise.

you're up early, 0400....my kinda guy, i'm combat ready between 0200 and 0400....this RC'er isn't questioning my decision's at all...the stack is the stack, I like American 90's, 40's and ASES...along with cupro-nickel and copper coins....along with lead, and protein....and maybe a few other organic's AS REAL CURRENCY.

we stay focused on mission here. Of course, audibles can always be called on the line...but why?...the adversaries machinations are now so transparent, the only option is maintain current course......at least at my place.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals