The first time I've ever seen this - no 1/10 gold!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

The first time I've ever seen this - no 1/10 gold!

Postby barrytrot » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:36 pm

I check Tulving often even when I'm not planning to buy.

And today was the first time I've ever seen them without "1/10 gold eagles" listed.

I don't know if that means much but it is the only time I've seen that!
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: The first time I've ever seen this - no 1/10 gold!

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Barry I went to the LCS on Friday and they said they can't keep 1/10ths in stock even at $200+ per 1/10th. Regular Joe's come in, not really knowing what the price of Gold is and are there because people have been telling them that they need to buy Gold, so they ask what the LCS has and shows them the 1/10 and they don't ask questions because it is still resonably priced for "GOLD" (they just think of the $1700 number people have spoke about for so long) and go out happy. This isn't just my convoluted theory, this is what the LCS told me. Not saying I should take everything he tells me as gospel but he doesn't have a reason to lie to me. Of Course I didn't tell him I got 1/10ths from Christo for $160.... :)

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: The first time I've ever seen this - no 1/10 gold!

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Just got back from my LCS. They had 1/10 gold for $160, but I think they only had one. They were totally out of ASE's and said premium if/when they got some would range +$6 - $10 depending on market conditions at the time. They had NO junk silver, even their normal trays of worn numies were gone.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals