is it me?..or is something OFF about this roll?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

is it me?..or is something OFF about this roll?

Postby neilgin1 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 am

maybe i'm nutz (don't answer that) but check out this 62 Proof roll of Frank's....look at the 3rd picture....they put in the zoom feature....what the heck is off about the reverse?

something just doesn't LOOK RIGHT?

maybe I've gotten too nervous about Chinese counterfeits......but feel free to opine guys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-Proof-Roll ... 3cd14c6a85

another reason might be, that I get leery about a PM seller that uses the name of a liquor as his moniker.........

something aint right...its the reverses that got me going. neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: is it me?..or is something OFF about this roll?

Postby blackrabbit » Wed May 01, 2013 9:37 am

The two coins look different for sure, but maybe it is just weird lighting? :?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby tedandcam » Wed May 01, 2013 10:04 am

The reverse on the right appears to have doubling on " e pluribus unum". On the obverse coins the jaw line and neck seems to be much smoother on on right hand coin. And the hair doesn't have as much detail. Buy them and keep us posted as to what you see :lol:
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby agmoose » Wed May 01, 2013 10:07 am

I think its the photography. In the two pics of the reverses, you get the light and the shades of the picture takers clothing which makes them look a little odd/dull.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby oober » Wed May 01, 2013 11:35 am

Pics look good to me, some franks will be cameo, others mirrored.
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals