Anybody know what mint this came from?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Anybody know what mint this came from?

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Mon May 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I've never seen the AGE design before and I really like it. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-2013-AMERICA ... 7675.l2557
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Re: Anybody know what mint this came from?

Postby beauanderos » Mon May 06, 2013 7:15 pm

CtrlAltBernanke wrote:I've never seen the AGE design before and I really like it. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-2013-AMERICA ... 7675.l2557

It isn't produced by a mint for retail. That ebay seller contracts with them to have it produced exclusively for themselves, thus they can mark it up more. It costs a huge amount to do this with a private mint, so perhaps their pricing is justified. I've seen more than one round sold ONLY by this seller, and could never track down the original mint, so my premise is the only thing that seems to make sense. There are LOTS of private mints that produce rounds, yet don't wholesale them directly. As another example, GSM does not produce the APMEX Standing Eagle design, although they would not tell me where they source them from.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Anybody know what mint this came from?

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 pm

I don't know.

Did anyone notice the "1" in the date 2013 is out of alignment? It's kinda like that "HOLLYWOOD" sign you see up on the mountainside above Hollywood.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals