U.S military strike on Syria and the price of silver...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

U.S military strike on Syria and the price of silver...

Postby pennypicker » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:35 am

A couple months ago Obama successfully side stepped the Syrian government's alleged use of chemical weapons on it's own people. But recent allegations of this happening once again seem much more serious and now there is definite talk of possible U.S. military strikes (of some sort) against the Syrian government.

If any type of military strike does occur will this have any bullish effect on silver or has this scenerio already been factored in the price?
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: U.S military strike on Syria and the price of silver...

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:56 am

After watching a week with no obvious suppressive maneuvers, I'm beginning to wonder if they'll be a thing of the past. Could be that the spike on Friday was related to Syria, but remember, only one percent of the public is cognizant of PM's and their true value, probably only 20% (I'm being generous) pay attention to the news and most only follow local stuff. I'm thinking that any follow thru benefit to pricing has yet to manifest and will do so when soldiers actually set foot in country. Of course, at that point... there goes the whole WWIII armageddon scenario. :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Computer Jones » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:32 pm

pennypicker wrote:A couple months ago Obama successfully side stepped the Syrian government's alleged use of chemical weapons on it's own people. But recent allegations of this happening once again seem much more serious and now there is definite talk of possible U.S. military strikes (of some sort) against the Syrian government.

If any type of military strike does occur will this have any bullish effect on silver or has this scenerio already been factored in the price?

History says an emphatic, 'Yes!", to price hikes in PM's under your above conditions.
I try to learn from the past, not forget it.
Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby InfleXion » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:09 pm

If Libya is any indication this should be bullish for metals. All part of the plan. They need adequate excuses, and also adequate warning so that that people have time to get used to the idea.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby InfleXion » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Metals up again, stocks down, all on "Syria news". This all appears very coordinated to me.

The globalist agenda needs to implement puppet dictators in MENA to control the oil and maintain dominance.

They know that they cannot do this without causing global instability, and thus safe haven demand for metals. This is strongly evidenced by the Libya intervention which had a SWIFT system central bank implemented within two weeks and also lead to $1900 gold and $49 silver.

Thus they cannot go full speed ahead with the agenda while being short metals. So they knock the price down, JPM goes short to long with no loss on the Bear Stearns position they held for a few years. Within a matter of weeks the war drums are going strong, the invasion is back on track, and this time it's profitable to boot.

Meanwhile the folks who got sucked into all time high stock market prices are in a precarious position IMO.

I would not be surprised if this was the tip of the iceberg.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Supposedly they are going to bomb by Thursday. Oil and metal prices are up on that news. If it occurs the response by, Russia, Iran, etc. will help determine the price. If Russia and Iran make any counter offensive moves then everything goes crazy. I would rather have sanity, peace and low metal prices. How about the Western Ruling Political class gets armed with rifles and are dropped off on the border to go and take down Assad by themselves. They could have some fun instead of sending their proxies for their dirty work, and if they all got killed it would not be a too terrible loss for the rest of us.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Me thinks this may be behind some of the metal surge as of late.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 71888.html
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Me thinks this may be behind some of the metal surge as of late.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 71888.html

Great... now the prices are going to go up at all the Subway's! :x
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby John_doe » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:34 pm

All metals will go up if they do this. Gas will also likely go up.

It is looking like they will probably intervene in some manner. I am still more concerned with North Korea.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals