Littleton $22.40 ASE.....

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Littleton $22.40 ASE.....

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:31 pm

So the fiance comes home today and shows me this little coupon she cut out of the newspaper. It's an ad for Littleton Coin Company that is selling a 2013 ASE for $22.40 with free shipping....I read it over and over trying to see any small details about shipping and handling secret fees.... but have yet to see any.

Is this a legit deal? Has anyone seen/done this before? Should I be wary of anything?

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Littleton $22.40 ASE.....

Postby Chaboo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:43 pm

There was another post on this and I took advantage of it. I got a few free pennies plus some more over priced pennies I could buy at a discount. :D I simply sent them back and put 'cancel' on the bill.

Nice deal and well worth the few minutes it took.
Chaboo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby smackvay » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:19 pm

easy simple deal
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Chaboo wrote:There was another post on this and I took advantage of it. I got a few free pennies plus some more over priced pennies I could buy at a discount. :D I simply sent them back and put 'cancel' on the bill.

Nice deal and well worth the few minutes it took.

Yes, it says it comes with (4) 2009 lincoln pennies. I just didn't know if there were any "catches" that anyone knew of

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:47 pm

The only catch is I believe the offer is no longer in place. I ordered 6 and they all came last week. The first had some stuff I sent back but the other 5 just had the BU 2013 ASE and the 09 Lincoln set. Time will tell if they stop sending me a bunch of crap in the mail??
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Z00 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:50 am

It may be a different deal than the one we all grabbed at 22.25. Note the "Dept. number" that is the actual code. Go to their site and locate the "Take advantage of an offer" page and enter that code to see the details. I have grabbed a few of these loss leader deals and only twice have gotten the "approval coins" and returned them both times in the postage paid envelope.

The 22.25 deal got pulled shortly after it was posted on BS and here. Probably because a large number of us "piled on" the offer. LOL
The 22.40 deal may still be there.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:34 am

All very nice but without someone posting the coupon code, .....................
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:29 am

you guys must have skimmed my original post....it's not a coupon code.... it's an ACTUAL coupon!

-The Great
Last edited by CLINT-THE-GREAT on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:30 am

Here is said coupon

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Z00 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:57 am

YOU skimmed MY post. "The Dept. number is the code"

3BA100 (no longer valid)

WE PLAY THIS GAME WITH THEM ALL THE TIME.

(I have a bunch of BU pennies sealed in little baggies. Someday I may put them on feebay)
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:14 am

SO would they not honor the coupon if i mailed it in with a check?

-THe Great
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Z00 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:22 am

Now, if you actually mailed that coupon with a check, they would probably honor it as their objective is to get you on an "approval" buying program. Said program is highly overpriced and suckers in the unknowledgeable for a while. The overpriced stuff they do sell offsets the ones who know better and send back the junk and cancel.

As they are constantly running these ads in gun magazines and rural co-ops magazines etc. they must be making money at it. The"strategy" is to get "them dumb hillbillies" on their fish hook.

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:28 am

Thats what I was thinking, an actual coupon and a check, they might take it

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Z00 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 am

Go ahead and try it. Nothing to lose.

And welcome to us hillbillies down here in the Tennessee "hollers" that DO know a thing or 2 about the bigger world. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:39 am

Z00 wrote:Go ahead and try it. Nothing to lose.

And welcome to us hillbillies down here in the Tennessee "hollers" that DO know a thing or 2 about the bigger world. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lol my sister lives in TN.... and half my family lives in AL.... so I know a little bit about hillibilles :D

-THe Great
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Z00 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 pm

The ad you have is most likely from an old magazine from a DR's office or something. The trick is to find a current ad and visit the home page and look for the following:

home.JPG
home.JPG (104.21 KiB) Viewed 511 times

That will take you to this page.

special.JPG
special.JPG (75.49 KiB) Viewed 511 times

Entering the code will let you know if it is a current item which you can place an order for on the net. Those are the ones we all want to jump on. No cost for mailing etc.
Keep your eyes open and pass the word.

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:05 pm

No, the fiance got them out of the Sunday newspaper ads yesterday. She was clipping coupons and came accross them and thought it was a good deal

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Z00 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:10 pm

OK, then that was one they didn't make available online. They do that as well. I am sure you know the technique of using a dept # to track the effectiveness of ad placements.

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Z00 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Just had a thought. If you posted a good image of just the coupon portion of the ad, Then it could be grabbed (save image as..) and printed out and sent in and I bet they would honor it.
You send one with your address and you fiancee sends one with hers.

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:43 pm

She clipped 4 of them for me :D

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:45 pm

I did think about scanning it in a high pdf and letting RC'ers print it off and send them in

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Catfish4u » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:23 pm

The fine print says that prices will change depending on the price of silver. I bet they would honor that price as silver has not went up that much.
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 pm

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:She clipped 4 of them for me :D

-The Great

that by itself is a good enough reason to marry the girl

good choice :thumbup:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Double3 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Send it in and see what happens.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby Numis Pam » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:01 am

aloneibreak wrote:
CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:She clipped 4 of them for me :D

-The Great

that by itself is a good enough reason to marry the girl

good choice :thumbup:

+1. No kidding, she is a definite keeper!!!! ;) :angel:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals