Selling Experience

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Selling Experience

Postby Oakair » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:12 pm

I had to scramble to come up with 60$ for car insurance yesterday for my new delivery job...Posted a craigslist ad to sell 5$ face and got responses from people who would 'buy tomorrow'...

So I called around for quotes in the Denver area from coin shops and gold buyers...

Got offered 10X at the lowest, 13X on the average from all the good coin shops...

Then found a place that offered 16X when it was 16.7X market value. I was so pleased with my experience there that I am posting this to share it!

http://davesgoldandsilver.com/

Great little shop right next to a bigger place (rocky mountain coin) with great people and an AMAZING selection at the right price...

There are stand-up brick and mortar establishments out there guys!!

And best of all...I sold and it went DOWN after for once :clap: :lol:
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Selling Experience

Postby justoneguy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:22 pm

That's funny,
I must have missed it, as I was scouring Denver's craigslist looking for coins, every afternoon this week.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Oakair » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:30 pm

justoneguy wrote:That's funny,
I must have missed it, as I was scouring Denver's craigslist looking for coins, every afternoon this week.

Twas in the wee hours...posted at 9am...

Early bird blah blah...good to know there are other Denver folk around though, Ill keep you in mind if ever in a situation like that again :wave:
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby angel2004 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:18 pm

I never thought of looking at Craigs list for coins, but I guess they're out there! Hope all in the Denver area are safe. Colorado had some really great news this week and some very terrible news.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby smackvay » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:37 pm

angel2004 wrote:I never thought of looking at Craigs list for coins, but I guess they're out there! Hope all in the Denver area are safe. Colorado had some really great news this week and some very terrible news.

Watch and be careful as its a nice way to get yourself robbed
Had a guy an hour from my house get set up and taken for 2 grand and barely lived to tell the story(not a joke)
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby justoneguy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:50 pm

angel2004 wrote:I never thought of looking at Craigs list for coins, but I guess they're out there! Hope all in the Denver area are safe. Colorado had some really great news this week and some very terrible news.

+1 recalls were great
flooding not so much,
Luckily I built high and dry
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby angel2004 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:19 pm

smackvay wrote:

Watch and be careful as its a nice way to get yourself robbed
Had a guy an hour from my house get set up and taken for 2 grand and barely lived to tell the story(not a joke)

No, I wouldn't buy that way. I don't use Craigs list or ebay for that matter. I don't trust a lot online but thankyou!
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby angel2004 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:20 pm

justoneguy wrote:

+1 recalls were great
flooding not so much,
Luckily I built high and dry

YEs, recalls hopefully send a message to others. Glad you are safe, but it sounds pretty bad there, we must always be prepared the best we can.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals