my favorite hangout

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

my favorite hangout

Postby Frank t » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:22 am

this site

my local coin shop sucks. i went in back in june or july when we were under 20, couldnt get anything for less that 18.5 or 19x. i was buying limited quantity off ray for 16. :thumbup: i got a couple medals at melt when i had just started stacking and silver was up, but hes not getting me anything else. i dont have the funds to support buying 100$ face at a time, so i really appreciate what this community does for little guys looking to hold some metals.

just my way of showing my appreciation of this site and all the good people ive dealt with and will do business with in the future.

Thanks so much everyone.
Frank t
Penny Collector Member

Re: my favorite hangout

Postby mr18 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:56 am

My LCS and flea market is currently selling for 24x face on 90% and $28 for Peace/ Morgans, I guess the shops are holding out for the right buyer to come along. CL still has deals out there, you just need to be patient. If you do not mind the wait, RC definitely has deals. I too appreciate the members here on RC and will conduct business again soon!!!
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Frank t » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:04 am

my local craigslist is very very spotty, very few for sale, and quite often retail or above.
Frank t
Penny Collector Member

Postby rsk1963 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:34 am

Frank t wrote:this site

my local coin shop sucks. i went in back in june or july when we were under 20, couldnt get anything for less that 18.5 or 19x. i was buying limited quantity off ray for 16. :thumbup: i got a couple medals at melt when i had just started stacking and silver was up, but hes not getting me anything else. i dont have the funds to support buying 100$ face at a time, so i really appreciate what this community does for little guys looking to hold some metals.

just my way of showing my appreciation of this site and all the good people ive dealt with and will do business with in the future.

Thanks so much everyone.

amen!
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby Landrover » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Agree with you on that. Nothing better than RC.
Landrover
Penny Collector Member

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:32 pm

I agree. Great people here and I've never had a problem with anyone I've bought from.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Frank t » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:59 am

ampex is encouraging me to buy because silver is down 1.50.(check your inbox) were actually down 1.29. i guess its the proper rounding if your going for the nearest half dollar? lets keep it honest.
im stacking because in my heart of heart i know its going to be better to hold something physical should shtf. if no more bank crashes or no ww3 happens( i see as unlikely with all the games) at some point in my very long life ahead we should still see new highs, and i intend to make some plays should the opportunity arise. glad to be in it.
the canada 20 for twenty is legal canadian tender correct?
if thats the case and silver goes sub 20 for an extended period of time i would make a bunch of twentys buy cheaper silver, to implement this plan i would need more 20 for 20s. can a canadian easily verify this?
i see this an unlikely scenario in this calander year as my independent research shows novemberish to be the historic high month for pricing.

any thoughts
Frank t
Penny Collector Member

Postby cupronickel » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Canadian 1/4 ounce silver coin says $20 on it, but it is not "circulating" legal tender. Very strange, but the royal mint is making a distinction between circulating legal tender and legal tender not meant for circulation. The banks won't give you $20 for them. I wouldn't buy these coins, unless you pay near spot price (around $6 for a quarter of an ounce). Better off buying generic rounds.
cupronickel
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Morsecode » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:27 pm

ahhh...I knew that $20 for $20 sounded too good to be true.

Good post, cupronickel :thumbup:
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Frank t wrote:ampex is encouraging me to buy because silver is down 1.50.(check your inbox) were actually down 1.29. i guess its the proper rounding if your going for the nearest half dollar? lets keep it honest.

Silver lost $1.50 from it's high of the day... it was up twenty cents or so before they started tweaking it
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Frank t » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:35 pm

good info thanks :wave:
Frank t
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals