Colloidal silver blue man dies at 62.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Colloidal silver blue man dies at 62.

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:43 pm

From--http://www.christianpost.com/news/paul-karason-real-life-blue-man-dies-at-62-photo-105272/

Paul Karason, a man made famous after his skin turned permanently blue 15 years ago, has passed away at 62 after suffering a heart attack, according to The Christian Post.

Karason’s skin turned blue after he used colloidal silver, a liquid made by extracting silver from metal, to treat his dermatitis – a condition that causes swollen, red and itchy skin. Karason reportedly drank the silver-based remedy and rubbed it on his skin.

“The change was so gradual that I didn't perceive it and other people around me likewise," said Karason in an earlier interview. "It wasn't until a friend I hadn't seen in several months came by my parent's place to see me and he asked me, 'What did you do?’"

After turning blue, Karason led a reclusive life until appearing on the Today show in 2008.

Karason suffered from heart problems and underwent a triple bypass five years ago, according to the Christian Post. He had also recently suffered a bout of severe pneumonia and a stroke.

The use of colloidal silver in oral drugs has since been banned by the FDA, according to the National Institute of Health.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Colloidal silver blue man dies at 62.

Postby scyther » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Was this as a result of the colloidal silver, or unrelated?

Anyway, sad to see him pass...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:30 pm

So how much silver do you think he has in him? Worth it to cremate and extract the silver?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Copper Member » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:15 am

RIP
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:37 am

In India they use ultra thin silver foil to decorate cakes and other foods. People eat it with the meal.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:In India they use ultra thin silver foil to decorate cakes and other foods. People eat it with the meal.

Wow, i was wondering how they made that stuff. i asked my friend who had brought it back from a trip to see his parents. He had no idea, "My mother makes it". lol. Next time i'm saving the silver part!
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:26 am

It's not just India - the edible silver cake decorations here are also made with silver.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 pm

He used impure tap water, not distilled, and was brewing his own colloidal silver. To increase the conductivity of the solution he put table salt in the solution as well. He thus ended making silver chloride solution instead of colloidal silver. The extraordinarily large silver chloride particles lodged in his skin, turning him blue. So long and short is he was an idiot. May he rest in peace.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby 300Braveheart » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:52 am

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:He used impure tap water, not distilled, and was brewing his own colloidal silver. To increase the conductivity of the solution he put table salt in the solution as well. He thus ended making silver chloride solution instead of colloidal silver. The extraordinarily large silver chloride particles lodged in his skin, turning him blue. So long and short is he was an idiot. May he rest in peace.

Lol, well said. I take colloidal silver, but make sure its distilled and from a source that cares about purity. It's helped me with a sore throat a few times, and all the evidence I've seen seems to suggest it's safe.
300Braveheart

Postby Know Common Cents » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:13 pm

He should've been credited with founding the Blue Man Group. A true pioneer, eh?
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals