2014 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin (ES1)

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

2014 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin (ES1)

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:58 am

I know, I know.... Went on sale yesterday, just had to get a few.. :mrgreen:
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: 2014 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin (ES1)

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:37 am

I hope this doesn't sound too rude, but are you someone who has to buy a brand new car, even though you know full well you will lose several thousand dollars the minute you drive it off the dealer's lot?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Numis Pam » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:15 am

Recyclersteve wrote:I hope this doesn't sound too rude, but are you someone who has to buy a brand new car, even though you know full well you will lose several thousand dollars the minute you drive it off the dealer's lot?

:thumbdown: :o
Maybe it is just because he loves Numismatic coins? :thumbup:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:I hope this doesn't sound too rude, but are you someone who has to buy a brand new car, even though you know full well you will lose several thousand dollars the minute you drive it off the dealer's lot?

Just grade some and end up with a 70 and you'll see.... Just because it was $52 doesn't mean I can't flip some and make some money.

research, research, research... you'll see.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals