Huge price disparity between APMEX & Provident!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Huge price disparity between APMEX & Provident!!

Postby pennypicker » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:34 am

At least with the items I typically buy the prices at both APMEX & Provident are usually pretty close. However for the last few weeks I have noticed one item in particular where there is a very large disparity in price. This is the 2013 (S) NGC 70 ASE that has the very popular San Francisco Trolley Label on the slab. APMEX's cash price is $57.11 versus Provident's $42.11. Moreover, as you can see in the pictures below, Provident's coin has the extra designation of (Early Release) on the label which adds even more value versus APMEX's offering. I just thought I would bring this to the attention of any fellow ASE slab collectors out there. Below are the actual website's wording & pictures:

(APMEX)
2013 (S) Silver American Eagle - MS-70 NGC -Trolley Label
Perfectly Graded MS-70 Struck at the San Francisco Mint!

Qty Check or Wire Credit Card
Any Quantity $57.11 $58.82

(PROVIDENT)
2013 (S) American Silver Eagle | NGC MS70 (Early Release) | Trolley Label

In Stock.
Cash Discount Price
$41.11
List Price
$42.34

2013-ase-ngc-ms70-trolly-rev.jpg
2013-ase-ngc-ms70-trolly-rev.jpg (65.63 KiB) Viewed 473 times

ThumbJpeg.ashx.jpg
ThumbJpeg.ashx.jpg (156.41 KiB) Viewed 473 times
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals