Bridge Capital / Telephone Silver Sales

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Bridge Capital / Telephone Silver Sales

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello,

I got a cold call from a group calling themselves "Bridge Capital" trying to sell me silver. They said they were related to a company called "Gibraltar Group". Gibraltar Group had this address:

Gibraltar Group
http://www.grbgold.com
1000 N. West Street, Ste. 1200
Wilmington, DE 19801

The fellow sent me an article at one point from an address that ended in guardianasset.net

I visited http://www.guardianesset.net and it discusses Bullion sales with the product going into depositories...which is the business that this fellow selling me was talking about being in. The Contact info for Guardian Asset Group is this:

319 Clematis Street Suite 406
West Palm Beach, Florida 33458

The fellow originally said they could take a credit card for any amount on an order. I tried to buy a 1000 Oz Bar with a credit card and he then turned around and said that they couldn't take credit card for amounts over $1500. So I cancelled the order for the bar, and he kept calling. Eventually he ended up convincing me to buy a roll of Silver Maples for $510 USD. This sounded like a very good price so I committed.

He kept talking about sending FedEx to pick up a cheque...and so at the last minute I offered to pay by credit card. He then indicated that the amount was too small for a credit card transaction and that we should continue with cheque or wire. So I cancelled the order again.

He kept talking about trust, but he had never sent me anything I had asked for, such as a copy of their insurance binder....as he indicated that they were 100% insured, so I asked for proof of that. Never received it. And he said he could take credit card, twice, and both times I tried to actually use a credit card he balked. I told him that it seemed that all of the trust seemed to need to come from me, by way of basically sticking cash in the mail and sending it to a stranger. He sweet talked me some more and told me all about how trustworthy he was...but at this point I had been lied to twice, so I straight up told him so and that I wasn't going to proceed. He then gave me a condescending statement about how I was a small timer and should buy from the guy down the street, and hung up.

Interestingly, he was asking me to send the cheque to yet another address:

Bridge Capital
Suite 503, 105 South Narcissus avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida

Have you guys seen these companies before? I couldn't find anything on any of them on Google.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Re: Bridge Capital / Telephone Silver Sales

Postby fansubs_ca » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:23 am

I searched the addresses without the suite numbers in google, the first is a "virtual
office":

http://www.regus.com/locations/virtual- ... n-downtown

Which although is a legitimate thing can easily be misused.

The 3 different company names and addresses make me wonder what's up.

From your description, in the best case they sound like people that don't know what
they are doing since they can't even keep their own credit card policies straight. So
even if they aren't a scam they don't sound worth dealing with.
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Catfish4u » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:58 am

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:Hello,

I got a cold call from a group calling themselves "Bridge Capital" trying to sell me silver. They said they were related to a company called "Gibraltar Group". Gibraltar Group had this address:

Gibraltar Group
http://www.grbgold.com
1000 N. West Street, Ste. 1200
Wilmington, DE 19801

The fellow sent me an article at one point from an address that ended in guardianasset.net

I visited http://www.guardianesset.net and it discusses Bullion sales with the product going into depositories...which is the business that this fellow selling me was talking about being in. The Contact info for Guardian Asset Group is this:

319 Clematis Street Suite 406
West Palm Beach, Florida 33458

The fellow originally said they could take a credit card for any amount on an order. I tried to buy a 1000 Oz Bar with a credit card and he then turned around and said that they couldn't take credit card for amounts over $1500. So I cancelled the order for the bar, and he kept calling. Eventually he ended up convincing me to buy a roll of Silver Maples for $510 USD. This sounded like a very good price so I committed.

He kept talking about sending FedEx to pick up a cheque...and so at the last minute I offered to pay by credit card. He then indicated that the amount was too small for a credit card transaction and that we should continue with cheque or wire. So I cancelled the order again.

He kept talking about trust, but he had never sent me anything I had asked for, such as a copy of their insurance binder....as he indicated that they were 100% insured, so I asked for proof of that. Never received it. And he said he could take credit card, twice, and both times I tried to actually use a credit card he balked. I told him that it seemed that all of the trust seemed to need to come from me, by way of basically sticking cash in the mail and sending it to a stranger. He sweet talked me some more and told me all about how trustworthy he was...but at this point I had been lied to twice, so I straight up told him so and that I wasn't going to proceed. He then gave me a condescending statement about how I was a small timer and should buy from the guy down the street, and hung up.

Interestingly, he was asking me to send the cheque to yet another address:

Bridge Capital
Suite 503, 105 South Narcissus avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida

Have you guys seen these companies before? I couldn't find anything on any of them on Google.

' I tried to buy a 1000 Oz Bar with a credit card and he then turned around and said that they couldn't take credit card for amounts over $1500.'

'Eventually he ended up convincing me to buy a roll of Silver Maples for $510 USD. This sounded like a very good price so I committed....... I offered to pay by credit card. He then indicated that the amount was too small for a credit card transaction and that we should continue with cheque or wire.

So...... $1500 was too much for a credit card and $510 was too little? Was he looking for an exact amount for the credit card transaction? Sounds like a major league scam attempt to me....... JMHO
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:09 am

I don't know it, but it's not behaving like a legitimate business - buyer beware!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby OtusLotus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:53 pm

I would IMMEDIATELY cancel the credit card you gave him! AND I would check your statement when it comes...
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:09 pm

Never give someone your credit card, when they call you. Cancel card now,
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Know Common Cents » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 pm

I've spent some time in West Palm and remember that stretch of flower-named streets that you mention. Those places likely exist (you can verify the addresses on the net), but I, too, would be highly suspicious of the dialogue you mention. Run for the exit and bail from any written or implied commitment you have from these clowns.

Plenty of legitimate resources for your PM purchases. Good hunting.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals